PDA

View Full Version : Really worried....

neilwalker326
16-01-11, 17:08
Hello everyone I'm new to this site but it came recommended.
I have been suffering with bad anxiety and panic attacks for the last 3 months. Iv had 3 trips to a&e each time thinking I was having a heart attack. After doing blood tests ECG etc they let me go saying it's anxiety. My gp put me on beta blockers and then sertraline which seem to make it better. Now I seem to be getting numbness and pins and needles all down the right side of my head arms and leg which is really worrying me now. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this and any advice on whats best to do??

nomorepanic
16-01-11, 17:09
Hi neilwalker326

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

KK77
16-01-11, 17:33
I'm on sertraline too Neil and find it's helped me with my depression. Beta blockers can sometimes cause circulation problems that could be adding to your anxiety symptoms like numbness and tingling sensations. The fact that you've been given the all clear re your heart should put your mind at rest and there are lots of similar posts in the HA forum which you may want to read.

Welcome to NMP

gaaron
16-01-11, 18:02
Hi, you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

neilwalker326
16-01-11, 19:37
Thanks people the site is very helpful think I'm gonna book CBT. Has anybody had this done and if so does it work?