PDA

View Full Version : still have thrush (men)

saintdee
16-01-11, 18:56
why do i still have thrush? it has been a couple of weeks now, i have used canestan cream for when iy feels really itchy, but im starting to panic that i have some major disease causing this. i am genuinely worried

gaaron
16-01-11, 18:59
sometimes over the counter stuff doesn't work for thrush. Maybe go and see your doc and it'll be cleared in no time :)

countrygirl
16-01-11, 19:38
If you are only using the cream when you are itchy and not twice a day for at least two weeks after itching goes away then you will NOT get rid of thrush. I posted last week to someone ( you??) that my diabetic husband can get this when his sugar is high like after xmas! and he has was told by GP to use it religiously twice a day and not stop until 14 days after he has no symptoms.

Give this a try as it sounds as if you are just using it sometimes then stopping - if after two weeks of twice a day you are no better then see your GP to rule out high sugar levels, also as posted get any partner to also use treatment as well as unprotected sex can tranfer the problem back and forth.

Just re read my post and didn't mean to sound as if I was telling you off:blush: I was just trying to push the point that alot of people don't know that you have to use it exactly as described and for longer than you would guess at.

Have you seen your Dr with it?????

saintdee
17-01-11, 09:56
yes i went to doctor, not about the thrush about fear of diabetes, he tested my urine and said it was ok.

countrygirl
17-01-11, 11:46
Brilliant so thats one worry out of the way - there really isn't much else of the serious stuff that can cause thrush its more likely that either you are passing back and forth if you have a partner or that you are not using the cream often or long enough to clear it completely. On the diet front have you suddenly upped our sugar intake or cheese bread intake as both of these make thrush more of a risk as do any antibiotics even weeks before thrush arrives?????

saintdee
17-01-11, 13:09
i am now worrying about HIV! when i typed in thrush in google it came back with people that have HIV or Diabeties are more likely to get thrush! i have had the same partner for 2 and half years and we have a 7 months old baby, our baby had thrush early on in the mouth which we cleared up. but i am now really panicing about this. my mouth is so dry and i am shakeing all over, the anxiety is probablly causeing these symptoms maybe? i just cant settloe down.

Anxious_gal
25-01-11, 04:39
I know you can get a tablet for thrush, it treats it from the inside out, I think its available in the UK over the counter. its also by Canestan.

Worried_Male
07-09-11, 20:21
I have had an itchy red rash on the head of my penis for about 10 days. Went to the GUM clinic and the Dr said it's either thrush or an allergic reaction to something.

I have been putting Canesten cream on it and in the last couple of days have started taking salt baths and drinking apple cider vinegar twice a day. The redness has gone down slightly but there are still some little blotchy red marks there and it still itches sometimes.

Today i went and bought Canesten duo, have just taken the tablet so i'm hoping to see some improvement soon.

Just wanted to ask OP how long it too him to get rid of it?

Anxious_gal
08-09-11, 01:10
The cream only treats the symptoms and the trush on the outside.
You are in the UK you can get the oral tablet for trush over the counter.
It will clear out the trush from your whole body .
If you still have itching you need to see your doctor,

Worried_Male
09-09-11, 18:25
Quick question as i'm slightly confused. Are balanitis and penile thrush the same thing?