PDA

View Full Version : Alone and afraid

breanna
16-01-11, 20:56
does anyone else have anxiety of being left alone?

JulieJay92
16-01-11, 21:10
i do sometimes but i just come on here and find it helps me a great deal or try and read a book/magazine

Frozen in fear
16-01-11, 21:15
does anyone else have anxiety of being left alone?

Panic when alone

breanna
16-01-11, 21:18
Me too i get horrible panic attacks:(

loveletter
16-01-11, 21:47
Yes really scared to be left alone and it is much worse since my husband died

NervousNellie
16-01-11, 23:57
I hate being alone. I think it's mostly because I feel that if something happened to me and someone was here, I'd get help right away. But if I'm alone, it could be hours before someone finds me! Not that anything will happen, but that's how my mind works! :shrug:

breanna
17-01-11, 00:04
yup thats how i feel! my anxiety and panic attacks have gotten way out of control and i think its turning into agoraphopia, i wont go anywhere myself i ant even drive myself for.fear of panic attacks!

Susanw
17-01-11, 00:24
I have had a terrible weekend,,thought the company of hubby and kids would help, but it never,,I have 2 dogs,,who dote on my and seem to know when I need a cuddle,,im realy going down hill,,been there before,,but just the dogs to look after helps me,,hate feeling alone as I do a lot of the time,,take care xx:bighug1:

Baster9
17-01-11, 03:43
My dog have anxiety of being left alone (I'm not joking).

Anyhow, try to understand why you are anxious for being left alone. I saw an example that something will happen to you and you won't get a proper help on time... Well please know this - anxiety or panic attack can not hurt you in any way, and what else could possible gone wrong when you're alone when you are perfectly healthy other than your thoughts that you are not, right? So keep in mind that panic attacks can't hurt you therefore try to stay alone and calm yourself by telling yourself this.