PDA

View Full Version : Hyperventilating due to cold/allergies.

Mark801
16-01-11, 22:03
Hey guys.

So I caught a cold the other day which turned into a 14 hour flu. I had body aches, fever and inside chills.

All of those symptoms are gone with the exception of a runny/stuffy nose, pressure pain in eyes, slight headache and feeling a little off-balanced(light-headed).

Last night I woke up at about 3am feeling like Im being suffocated. My throat and nose was completely bloked with phelgm.

Anyways the thing that's freaking me out is how breathloss I feel. I feel like I can't breathe properly due to the cold blockin up my nose throat and its freaking me out. My nose is 10x worse than my throat though.

My mom also has it and claims to feel the same way but she isn't freaking like I am. I keep on gagging because of the feeling in my throat and I'm having a slightly racing heart.

How can I get rid of this? I'm really anxious and it's not helping the symptoms at all. :weep:

Mark801
17-01-11, 03:59
Anyone?

Baster9
17-01-11, 04:42
Well go to a doctor at first and tell him about this, if he thinks it's OK than you are probably experiencing anxiety. You should always contact a doctor if you didn't happen to have anxiety before just to confirm what is the problem, anxiety or smth else.

julieannboo
17-01-11, 11:28
i have had a tight chest too. i have had a cold as well. but i think it is due to my cat being on my bed last night that has given me the tight chest.

could be an allergy that you have or just the cold.

Baster9
17-01-11, 12:02
Have you ever had cat allergies before? If you do have maybe that's that...

julieannboo
17-01-11, 15:58
Have you ever had cat allergies before? If you do have maybe that's that...

if you are asking me this question.

yes i have. itchy eyes and runny nose.

Anxious_gal
17-01-11, 20:03
aw its scary when your nose it blocked and then you also have to keep clearing you throat in order to breath ok :(