PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

raison-detre
17-01-11, 10:23
My name's Kirstie, I'm 18 years old and well... to put a long story short I experienced panic attacks in 2008 due to PTSD from being abused as a child, these attacks where mainly hyperventilating, etc but in August 2010 I sudden got heart palpitations and convinced myself I was either having a heart attack or a stroke. Since then I've had 4 ECG's, countless blood tests and a chest x-ray. Everything's normal but I can't help but feel like everyday might be my last. It's making me worried to go too far away from home or for long periods of time or to be anywhere by myself. I also suffer from depression so I was placed on Citalopram at the end of november which I felt was finally kicking in just after christmas but my dosage went up by 10mg and now i'm scared it won't work and I'll feel like this forever.

Thanks for anyone who read all of that! :)

diane07
17-01-11, 10:24
Hi raison-detre

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JaneC
17-01-11, 10:26
:welcome: to NMP Kirstie x

gaaron
17-01-11, 10:30
Hi kirstie, After the first few weeks as I was them, they were upped. It's just that you can't just go straight onto a highish(?) dosage. I'm sure you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

Vanilla Sky
17-01-11, 14:23
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Frozen in fear
17-01-11, 14:44
:welcome: To nmp

raison-detre
18-01-11, 23:38
Thankyou all for being so welcoming :)