PDA

View Full Version : Hi, everyone

frmarcus
17-01-11, 11:58
I was Googling 'Mirtazapine' - the medication I'm on at the moment - and came across the site. It's helpful to learn of others' experience of treatments - and I hope that those reading can find relief - and peace! - in due course from their worries and illness.

I was psychiatrically diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder a few years' ago - I'm 44 - but prior to this had sought intermittent help, and a few years' later been medicated for, depression, from my late 20s. I've been on a relatively high dose of Citalopram for some years - though I've never been sure that it's doing much good (a perception many of us have about our medications...) - and just been switched to Mirt.

During the occasional episodes of debilitating depression - a pattern I seem to've settled into - which keep me off work (as now), I've come to expect fatigue - listlessnes and somnolence - but Mirt seems to have made ths worse. For the first few weeks on 15mg/day (I'm now wk 5) I could barely do anything! I'm now increasing to 30mg/day, hoping that the fatigue/somnolence at least doesn't worsen; nor that I put on weight (a side effect), as I'm already rather overweight (exacerbated by lack of exercise - that fatigue again...)

Best wishes, all.

diane07
17-01-11, 11:59
Hi frmarcus

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes