PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Panic Attacks and Agoraphobia. Please Help

bellababigurl
17-01-11, 16:00
Hi, my name is Lauren. Im 21 and am having a really hard time coping with my anxiety. I wake up every morning anxious, wondering when this will all end. Every minute of every day i fear of dying. My doctor had given me a prescription for clonopin .025 wafers to take only when needed during severe panic attacks. Being a hypercondriact as well, as soon as i got home from the doctors i looked up reviews on the medicine and am now scared to take it due to fear of the side effects. Im sick and tired of living my life in fear. I should be out enjoying these years of my life, not being cooped up in my house with agoraphobia. Someone please help, i dont know what to do anymore.

Frozen in fear
17-01-11, 16:25
If doctor has given you tablets try them

mtatum4496
17-01-11, 16:33
Lauren, I get where you are coming from. I also have agoraphobia along with anxiety and have been given medication to use on an as-needed basis rather than a specific daily dose.

I've always been suspicious of taking medication, hate taking it actually. Yet, the bottom line is that it is necessary right now.

When I was first given alprazolam to help with the panic attacks and the agoraphobia, I did some research and of course found all sorts of horrible side effects that just about scared me to death. Feeling caught between a rock and a hard place, I ended up taking the medication when a really bad attack hit.

In my case, guess what? No side effects - not a one.

Everyone reacts differently to various medications. Try to put what you read aside and see what you experience. You may also find that all you get is benefits and no side effects - or even if there are some, they may be so minor that they can easily be brushed aside.

And take heart - there are several different anti-anxiety medications out there that also help with agoraphobia and if this one doesn't measure up, I'm sure your doctor would be open to trying something else.

PokerFace
17-01-11, 16:34
Side effects are just a might, it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get any of them, you probably won't and even if you do you just stop taking the tablet and go back to your doc. :)

You can get books on how to overcome or deal with panic attacks, agrophobia, anxiety, if therapy isn't an option to you. I have Health Anxiety and I'm pretty sure I'm a bit agrophobic cuz I hardly leave the house at all anymore cuz when I do I get really anxious and scared and I bought a book about how to overcome Health Anxiety it and found it a massive help! Of course this site is a massive help too, idk where I'd be right now if I hadn't of found it!

You're definatley not alone in all this and you're not the only person your age to be affected with it, I'm 20 (21 soon). xx

anx mum
17-01-11, 17:02
Hi, my name is Lauren. Im 21 and am having a really hard time coping with my anxiety. I wake up every morning anxious, wondering when this will all end. Every minute of every day i fear of dying. My doctor had given me a prescription for clonopin .025 wafers to take only when needed during severe panic attacks. Being a hypercondriact as well, as soon as i got home from the doctors i looked up reviews on the medicine and am now scared to take it due to fear of the side effects. Im sick and tired of living my life in fear. I should be out enjoying these years of my life, not being cooped up in my house with agoraphobia. Someone please help, i dont know what to do anymore.

Hiya hun im Bev like u im suffering from anxiety and panic attacks everyday this started about 3 weeks ago and has been truly hell. Like u im in constant fear of my symptoms running to doc only to be told this is anxiety feel free to pm anytime

mickslick
17-01-11, 17:47
Hiya they are horrible but you will get through it

bellababigurl
17-01-11, 22:29
Thank you everyone for ur replys.:bighug1: It makes me feel a lot better knowing im not going through this alone. I just wish there was a quick solution to cure all of this. I lost my job and friends due to my anxiety. I havent left my house in over two weeks. I feel like im going crazy. if anyone has any helpful tips to help me overcome this please share.

willitstop
18-01-11, 11:18
Thank you everyone for ur replys.:bighug1: It makes me feel a lot better knowing im not going through this alone. I just wish there was a quick solution to cure all of this. I lost my job and friends due to my anxiety. I havent left my house in over two weeks. I feel like im going crazy. if anyone has any helpful tips to help me overcome this please share.

You are def not alone :bighug1:
unfortunetly there is no quick fix, i pray for a quick fix daily but unfortunetly the only cure is facing it headon and somehow convincing yourself there is nothing to be afraid of.....
8 years later and im still not convinced so i no first hand its easier aid than done, this illness has taken so much of my life but im determined to not let it have anymore :lac:.
feel free to pm me anytime and i would suggest you see your doctor about cbt as its really helpfull but very tireing :doh:.
good luck xxxx