PDA

View Full Version : wake up with thoughts

melvin
17-01-11, 16:47
hi guys
does anyone wake up in the early hrs with their brain in high gear. as soon as i open my eyes the thoughts start coming . i cant stop them i have to get up . sometimes i keep repeating certain word over and over any word i feel like im losing the plot

gypsywomen
17-01-11, 16:49
no your not i think its anxiety even though we are asleep our brain never stops

Susanw
17-01-11, 21:39
Im he same,,wake up and in a panic,,hate that,,I sleep with the light on,,helping me

ladybird64
17-01-11, 22:14
Hi Melvin

Ah yes, our friend the "chatterbox"..I would hazard a guess that everyone on here who has anxiety problems has this.

The thing with all these annoying things (I really dislike using the word symptoms) is that they are just that..really, REALLY annoying. They are also totally harmless and the worse they can do is to affect your sleep patterns.

The more you try and stop them, the more they will come, the same applies if you try and "empty your mind". Yeah right..it makes it ten times worse! It's the same for this as any other manifestation of anxiety/nervousness, the more you concentrate on it the longer it takes to get some control over it.

Let it rant and rave..it can't hurt you and when you start to ignore it, it will decrease.

Give it a try :)