PDA

View Full Version : Hello

wishface
17-01-11, 18:50
Hello, I was given a link to this site from a thread about benefits on the consumeractiongroup forums. I'd been discussing my sudden loss of ESA benefit thanks to a tribunal decision. Currently I suffer from, variously, paranoia, severe anxiety (i'd say severe)/stress, emotional weakness, no confidence, and a few other issues, such as derealisation and possibly stress induced hypoglycaemia (i get hungry and feel faint). Right now my options are very limited: without recourse to ESA it's either live off meager savings or sign on. I can't cope with the jobcentre; the thought of going through all that stress again has left me very agitated. I haven't had a decent nights sleep in years and the last couple of days since being told i lost my appeal have been worse. Where i am there is no support at all. It's been a struggle getting support from even my GP (he basically doesn't want me to claim ESA and think writing sick notes will condem me to a life on benefits, as opposed to Jobseekers allowance and no jobs). I'm really worried about having to look for work; right now I can't think of much I could cope with doing. I mean I could work from home or something but what are the chances of that. I don't really know where to turn and that's why i registered here. Thanks for reading.

nomorepanic
17-01-11, 18:52
Hi wishface

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

wishface
17-01-11, 19:14
Thanks.

Vanilla Sky
17-01-11, 21:55
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x