PDA

View Full Version : Generalised Anxiety Disorder!!!

LilMsS
17-01-11, 21:35
After another horrific weekend and another awful start to the week... I have decided to try and become more pro-active in my fight to conquer anxiety that has totally taken over my life! At last I have found a wbsite that shows I am NOT alone and there are many many others who are suffering like me.Its so hard to try and explain to your friends how anxiety can take over.... and I cant tell you how many people have told me... ' not to worry'.....'don't think about it'.... 'get up and go out and take your mind of it'.....This all sounds good advice but when you constantly feel your nerves are shot to pieces..... you convince yourself you have a terminal illness or your just going to have a total mental flip out at any given moment...... It's the last thing you want to here!!
It would be great to hear from anyone with similar issues or anyone who has/suffering from Anxiety... Thanks s x

bmccartney
18-01-11, 00:26
yes i know exactly what you mean! " take your mind off of it!"...useless thing to say to someone like me. They most obviously have never been in this nightmare, If it was that easy... anxiety would not exsist. I rarely talk about it to anyone as i have never really found any respnses that are helpful. It is my own personal struggle and sometimes conversation makes it worse. Not sure this is a good thing, but I prefer to keep it to myself. I have 5 daughters and they are unaware of my anxiety issues. I have my sister ( who understand me ) and i save all my needs for understanding and venting just for her.

bellababigurl
18-01-11, 00:53
I have horrible social anxiety and agoraphobia. Free free to DM if youde like to chat. Keep your head up

LilMsS
19-01-11, 00:44
Hi thanks so much for your reply!! It really is a eye opener to read others awful suffering with anxiety! I can honestly sympthasise with every single person! It amazes me how powerful our minds can be! Not sure what DM means? I am new to this site so any recommendations on how to use it would be great! And yes it would be great to chat
s x

Thumbelina
05-02-11, 15:42
Hi lim, and everyone here. I also have GAD. but the last time i was on this forum was in August... It was great all the way up to now.
I am here today because my family is in a very dark place now and this triggered my anxiety and everything else. My mOther in law had COPD for 10 years but was very active. 3 weeks ago she was diagnosed with secondary brain cancer it all went down the hill withi. This 3 weeks. She has been unconcience in bed on morphine for the last week and doctors say she has hours. It all is so heartbreaking. We live thousand miles away. My husbad is with her now, and we only speak on the phone. All the family sits around her bed and everythig is frozen around. Nobody eats or sleeps. It is so confusing. I dont know what to feel. I cry all the time, i feel for my husband - as he said he is scared. I have so many questions in my head now: why it hurts so much? How will i cope when my parents will be at the same point? How long it will take to heal? What are we supposed to do while waiting/expecting for the worse to happen, how will our kids react? How hard it is for my father in law to go through this at the age of 54? Will my husband be able to cope? Will i slip into relapse now? Will i be able to keep away from relapse? Is my reaction not normal?????? And another dozen Of similar weird questions, plus all the symptoms of anxiety, panic, anger, depression.... Sorry for the rant.... I really need to share it now... Thanks