PDA

View Full Version : New to depression, new to Citalopram & new to web chat pages

Peakdoodle
17-01-11, 23:44
Hi I'm Andy
just want to say hello to you all out their. 18 days ago learnt I am ill with depression. I am 20mg of Citalopram each morning. I guess that must mean I am pretty bad as most of you are on 10mg. I did not know I was so bad.but this site has been a great help in my understanding ability to control my depression. So far it's going great tablets have kicked in after 16 days. Feeling alot better already. Loosing my negative feelings. Stick with it guys it's feeling good. Could well do with out the side effects though!!! Andy xxx

diane07
17-01-11, 23:45
Hi Peakdoodle

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JaneC
18-01-11, 00:44
:welcome: Andy. I wouldn't worry about being on 20mg - that's considered the minimum dose that works for most people. My husband swears he went straight on to 40mg - and had no SEs but I think he's exception to rule. Glad you are finding NMP helpful x

kurani
18-01-11, 09:07
Hi Andy, I'm on 60mg so don't feel bad about 20mg :)

paulst
18-01-11, 13:32
Hi Andy welcome to the forum. 20mg is the standard dose and hopefully in a few weeks you will start to feel better. Im on 40mg myself, it took a while to work but well worth the wait.:)

buster_uk1967
18-01-11, 15:43
Hi Andy, New here too as a poster. Welcome.

BigJay
18-01-11, 16:49
Hi Andy, i too have been put on 20mg of citalopram, dont be worried after looking around i have found there are many people on this dosage, i am only on my first day of this tablet, but onwards and upwards eh

kezstar
18-01-11, 16:53
Hi, I'm new on here too and just upped my dose to 40mg of citalopram. Glad you're already feeling better and more positive! x

Greenman50
18-01-11, 18:04
5 th day on cit 20 mg for me .

Vanilla Sky
18-01-11, 21:21
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

welshlady
18-01-11, 21:49
Hi, I am new on here too, but after constantly reading other peoples experiences with Citalopram and panic attacks, it gave me hope and an understanding what was happening to me. I am so gratefull for the advice and info other sufferers experienced.
I am on 20mg of citalopram, have been now for 10 weeks, I am feeling a whole lot better and would like to share my journey from the first day on citalopram to the present.

welshlady x

Peakdoodle
18-01-11, 22:26
Hi thanks for the kind and great welcome. It does help to know you are here and understanding of how I'm feeling. Thanks for the words re the dosage I'm on. Having read how others have had difficulty in finding the right one for them I guess I must be lucky. But I know it is early days and I guess things can change. For you guys just starting on the drugs! Be aware that you may not feel the benefit until after two weeks or more. I felt ill , my heart was racing, my mood went really down at the end of the first week, but stick with it!!!! I'm a different person compared to three weeks ago! Big thanks again. Xxx

kezstar
21-01-11, 16:51
Hi thanks for the kind and great welcome. It does help to know you are here and understanding of how I'm feeling. Thanks for the words re the dosage I'm on. Having read how others have had difficulty in finding the right one for them I guess I must be lucky. But I know it is early days and I guess things can change. For you guys just starting on the drugs! Be aware that you may not feel the benefit until after two weeks or more. I felt ill , my heart was racing, my mood went really down at the end of the first week, but stick with it!!!! I'm a different person compared to three weeks ago! Big thanks again. Xxx
Thats great news and really encouraging!
Hope your mood continues to improve :)

heavenly
21-01-11, 17:39
I'm a different person compared to three weeks ago! Big thanks again. Xxx

Thats really good news. :D I am 3 months in with Cit, it was tough for a while, anxiety and depression, trying to find the right dose etc..but am on 25mg now and feel so much more positive about the future! :)