PDA

View Full Version : Bad depersonalization

DOM1234
18-01-11, 07:58
Hi too everyone. I've been having a wiered time lately. About five months ago my depression and gad were terrible around that time my fiancé left me with are son she took all my things and now lives with another man I also lost my job since then I've been in a dream like state no sadness or anger. Two weeks ago I moved house too a new area close too friends got a new dog and I've met a great girl. I've been doin well I've been doin things and having fun with people. It's so strange though I've been sleeping great but I feel out of it all the time like I'm just getting on with things but it's not me. Last night was horrible I was sat watching tv and these waves of depersonalization kept comeing over me I looked at my new home and thought how did I get here this isn't my life. And my thoughts felt strange. These waves kept comeing all night strong I thought I was cracking up. Is this down too major changes that I'm just not takeing it all in please help this doesn't feel like my life anymore it's like being thrown into someone elses life I don't recognise thankyou

Captain Caveman
18-01-11, 08:23
Last night was horrible I was sat watching tv and these waves of depersonalization kept comeing over me

Hi DOM. The following article discusses people who dissociate. It mentions how one of the easiest ways to dissociate is whilst watching tv.

Also, it mentions stress can activate the problems.

http://www.panicattacks.com.au/anxdis/dissoc.html