PDA

View Full Version : Late period post citalopram

abic77
18-01-11, 11:27
Hi-I am late comign on my period after coming off cit. I have had one period since coming off but it was very light and early (since coming off the contraceptive pill 4 months ago all my periods have been 3 weeks and 6 days) and this one was 3 weeks and 3 days.

I am now at day 28, haven't come on and thinking (hoping!) it may be a pregnancy! I came off cit to get pregnant and have only had unprotected sex once (we were waiting until March to start trying properly) and now i am scared to go to the loo incase I have come on.

Has anyone found their period is late after coming off? Is it a side effect of withdrawal?
Came off cit on 9th December and had a very light period on 21st Dec for about 4-5 days and the sex was on 1st Jan.....i am secretly excited but scared that i'm not! :-(

Greenman50
18-01-11, 12:04
Not a clue , but good luck !:hugs:x

faye980
18-01-11, 19:22
Hi, i have always had regular periods and when i came off citalopram, it did not change my period, i was still regular!!! i know everyone is different, but i think maybe you should do a pregnancy test... good luck xx

wicked_witch
19-01-11, 20:28
hi there

iv been reducing my cit since 13/12/10, 40mg now down to 10mg....
and my period is 2 days late... like urself, we would like to conceive, hence the reduction in cit...

I spoke to my doc today and was informed it may well be to do with my cit reduction...

my last period was really light and none existent, and this one has just not shown at all....

i have had no problems while on cit and iv been on it a year..:unsure:

wicked_witch
19-01-11, 20:30
also forgot to add doc said to do a pregnancy test once a week till i either bleed or return a positive result!!!...:doh:

abic77
22-01-11, 09:25
OMG I came on my period!!! I am truly gutted.......

Thanks for your replies ladies.....it's great to know there's people out there!

Wicked witch....just a little word of advice (in case no-one told you yet).....make sure you taper ALL THE WAY off cit. I made the mistake (at the advice of my doc) to just come off 10mg cold turkey....i had no side effects reducing doseage to 10mg but then coming off the 10mg i went through 3 weeks of pure hell. PLease please if there is one thing i would say to anyone thinking of coming off, do it in increments. I have learnt so much about this happy pill since coming off and so many people who learnt the hard way like me!

Good luck and let me know if you become pregnant.....fingers crossed (I'll race you!)
PS is this your first pregnancy or do you have kids already?

wicked_witch
22-01-11, 10:01
hi there, how long has it taken for your period to arrive?
im going bk to the docs this wk, and im going to ask for cit in liquid form, so i can taper it down mill by mill after reading some of the storys on here i dont want to take the risk...
i have a boy who is just four, and bless he is asking for a little sister lol:bighug1::D