PDA

View Full Version : producing milk but never had a baby?

daisycake
18-01-11, 13:11
Is that normal? Came out of the shower to realise that both my boobs, one more so than the other, are very dry and flaky - and when tried to squeeze to see if it was milk, it was like the same kind of thing that happens when you squeeze a spot? Both of them are very lumpy and achy and heavy too right now.. I'm only 19. Do NOT want to see my GP, she spends enough time looking in other places for other awkward problems and don't want her looking at my boobs as well!! This has happened before when I was 13 ish - and went away by itself, happened again when I was 18 and a GP checked - and gave me antifungal cream - but this time it seems a lot worse? Have been finding flaky stuff in my bra for a while now but never thought anything of it.

I do have an appt to see her next Friday, but that is for recurrent UTI symptoms/pelvic pain and so that in itself is embarrassing enough (to the point I get anxious just thinking about it) with adding my boobs in to the mix as well :(

ladybird64
18-01-11, 14:16
Hiya.

What you have described isn't milk production. :)

I don't know the terminlology but there are little "bits" near the nipple that produce something like sebum..when squeezed it is similar to squeezing spots.

Now the most obvious part..stop squeezing your boobs! Get some good moisturiser and apply when you get out of the shower and give it a chance to work.

Remember that booby bits don't usually see the light of day that much (well, you know what I mean!:blush:) and bits of us that are covered by clothing have a tendency to get dry and flaky.

daisycake
19-01-11, 12:29
Thank you :) glad it isnt what I thought! Have woken up this morning to them being VERY sore, to the point I want to sit and cry, can't bear wearing a bra and even my top is hurting - feels like an electric shock, but mum says its just ovulation and should go away soon.

daisycake
19-01-11, 12:33
Seeing GP on the 28th thankfully as this is agony, even ibuprofen hasn't made a bit of difference and can't bear to put cream on :(

daisycake
19-01-11, 13:00
the lumps that are there though; they are the same in both boobs so I'm guessing that's OK, glands or something, thank God.