PDA

View Full Version : Feeling under pressure

smb25
18-01-11, 13:37
Hi, I started Sertraline 25mgs a couple of days ago, I feel quite ill now, nausea, upset yummy, and just generally unwell. I have phoned in sick today for work and they are aware of my situation, however our office is being run on very tight resources and already I am being pressured into going to work. What concerns me reading others stories on here is that these side effects are going to last a lot longer than a few days, some people have mentioned weeks! I just can't be off work that long. My boss has already mentioned that maybe I need to go back to the doctors.

I can't afford to loose my job but I just don't feel well enough to go in at the moment.
:weep:

Lizziesaurus
18-01-11, 19:43
If they know your situation that's a good start, they can't pressure you into going back to work. And legally they can't sack you for it either, if they did you could file for unfair dismissal under the disability discrimination act. (I assume you're in the uk!)

Try not to worry about it, you'll just make the side effects worse. If they really are unbareable go back to the doctors but give them a couple of weeks to kick in. Personally the things are doing nothing for me, but everyone's different so try ot to compare yourself to other people on here too much!

If your doc wants you to carry on with them and you still feel rubbish, ask for a sick note, your boss can't argue with that.

smb25
18-01-11, 20:22
Thanks Lizzie, I phoned my boss this afternoon and had a good chat, they know me well enough to know I wouldn't be off If it really wasn't necessary.

I am really hoping that Sertraline helps, was previously on Mirtazapine but they only seemed to help me sleep, not the anxiousness. I also tried Citrolpram (horrific experience and only on them 5 days!).

Sometimes reading stories on here isn't helpful (pls no one be offended), however I have just read through Micheal88 diary post which was positive.

I'm am scared, im trying to do right but somehow it feels im doing wrong and going downhill, trying to tell myself its just the meds, it just the meds

x

Lizziesaurus
18-01-11, 20:43
I know how you feel, citalopram messed me up as well, lasted about 7 weeks, on about week 4 of sertraline now and they're worse! I'm having problems with work as well, but unfortunately my managers just don't understand, they just look at me like I have 4 heads :mad: Personally I feel everything to be a constant battle at the moment, don't take meds and feel awful, take them and make my symptoms worse and have side effects!

Anyway I hope you feel better soon :)

Frozen in fear
18-01-11, 22:07
[QUOTE=smb25;783240]Hi, I started Sertraline 25mgs a couple of days ago, I feel quite ill now, nausea, upset yummy, and just generally unwell. I have phoned in sick today for work and they are aware of my situation, however our office is being run on very tight resources and already I am being pressured into going to work. What concerns me reading others stories on here is that these side effects are going to last a lot longer than a few days, some people have mentioned weeks! I just can't be off work that long. My boss has already mentioned that maybe I need to go back to the doctors.

I can't afford to loose my job but I just don't feel well enough to go in at the moment.
:weep:[/QUOT gone up to 100 mg today started on 25 mg tthen 50 mg