PDA

View Full Version : ok breathng issues again

scaredstiff695
18-01-11, 14:41
ok

ive posted a few times relating to this but mostly when im in a panc so going to try and ask now im in a calmer place.

Ive never suffered from this before but i no where t has come from.

im having major breathng issues. i really believe im gong to stop breathing and die or develop breathlness from nowwhere or i have a chest infection (i dont) and that will develop.

I can not stop thinkng about my breathing and chest. my chest feels heavy all the time was in a lot of pain yesterday eased off alot to do, been told ts just muscle tension

i constantly try to take massive big deep breaths but i cant (obviously cos i dont need to) i think f i stop thnking about breathng i wont be able to breathe.
i think if i do to much like running upstar that i will develop breathing issues cos my chest will feel strange again ive been told its all to do with the muscle tension t does add up but ni cant switch off from it.

im either trying to take deep breaths or coughing or yawning all day.
my whole bosy aches from it i get tingling sensations my head goes dizzy and im tired ve had 8 hours in the past two days for worrying that i will die in the nght.
can anyone relate at all

anx mum
18-01-11, 14:45
ok

ive posted a few times relating to this but mostly when im in a panc so going to try and ask now im in a calmer place.

Ive never suffered from this before but i no where t has come from.

im having major breathng issues. i really believe im gong to stop breathing and die or develop breathlness from nowwhere or i have a chest infection (i dont) and that will develop.

I can not stop thinkng about my breathing and chest. my chest feels heavy all the time was in a lot of pain yesterday eased off alot to do, been told ts just muscle tension

i constantly try to take massive big deep breaths but i cant (obviously cos i dont need to) i think f i stop thnking about breathng i wont be able to breathe.
i think if i do to much like running upstar that i will develop breathing issues cos my chest will feel strange again ive been told its all to do with the muscle tension t does add up but ni cant switch off from it.

im either trying to take deep breaths or coughing or yawning all day.
my whole bosy aches from it i get tingling sensations my head goes dizzy and im tired ve had 8 hours in the past two days for worrying that i will die in the nght.
can anyone relate at all

Yes i can hun m exactly the same at mo feel like im getting no air leaving me with a suffocatting feeling its horrible. Like u i worry as i thinkim not getting enough air

countrygirl
18-01-11, 14:47
No doubt you have both read that this is an absolute classis symptom of anxiety called air hunger, the more you yawn take deep breaths etc the worse you will feel but I understand exactly what you mean.

No magic cure other than accepting it is a symptom of anxiety and nothing else and hoping that if you believe this in time the syptom will improve slowly.

scaredstiff695
18-01-11, 14:55
h thank you to you both.

countrygirl ive never heard of air hunger x

gypsywomen
18-01-11, 15:20
me to and just had i have had chest infection had meds but still does it plus cold shivers but no temp my anxiety was under control but this has started it up again any advice it the cold feeling i cant stand

j2
18-01-11, 15:22
I have had decent luck with various self hypnosis for stress and anxiety CD's. They make you focus on your breathing. This seems to help me through most of my breathing issues.

scaredstiff695
18-01-11, 15:53
h gypsy woman

wish i could offer any help really do cos have muscle tenson (so the doc keeps telling me) and it klls all the time n my back and chest t does feel like ive pulled every bloody muscle n my arms chest and back im convinced ts a chest infection.
i got a cold then read a article in paper and wish i hadnt im now obsessiong abouyt it convnced m going that way.

got a docs appt thoes evening for them to check t out again
ve never in my 7 years of anxety had this breathing painfull feelings
i think its my new obsession as my anxiety does that t latches.
when im stressed and i was stressed just before crimbo and it like searches for something to latch on to.

ive had (well my anxety has had)
bran tumor
brain hemmorage
dvt
suicidal

all these were in stressfull times and at each time of these someone around me dies of the partu=icular illness.

just need to snap out of it (once the pain has stopped lol)

judipat
18-01-11, 18:26
hi
read this article - it will explain everything.
http://www.chiroweb.com/archives/12/04/03.html
hope it helps
Judi xx