PDA

View Full Version : Question about neck and back pain

j2
18-01-11, 15:05
I am a long time sufferer of HA. I am not overweight, non-smoker and currently taking no meds for anxiety. I have twitches all over for many years. Also, for years I have had issues with a stiff neck and lower back. I do yoga a few times a week but I am still very inflexible. I know I am tense too much but I think I have pinched nerves in my neck an back. I am having numbness in both hands but only certain fingers and pains in my forearms. I am also having numbness in certain toes and pain in my legs. I know this type of stuff can be anxiety related but I had seen a chiropractor years ago and he told me that I had compression issues in these two areas. Anyway does this sound like nerve compression issues or should I be worried about the widespread nature of this? I am trying to keep my mind from going straight to MS or ALS but it is difficult. Thanks in advance.

J2

Sammy J
19-01-11, 16:09
J2,

I am also suffering with this at the moment and have been for nearly 2 weeks, numbness in little finger left hand and numb side of face. I was terrified but 2 doctors have said it's a pinched nerve in my neck. Also I'm having pain in my left arm and a stiffness in my right and had pain down my left leg last week!

I've made an appointment with a physiotherapist for tomorrow so will report back on what they say.

Sam :)

j2
19-01-11, 21:06
It seems to be better today. If it comes back i will make an appt. Thanks for the input. I am glad i am not the only one.