PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

BigJay
18-01-11, 16:46
Hi there everybody,
My name is Jay and im married with 3 kids and within the last 30 mins i have been put on the Tablet citalopram(20mg). Feelng a bit worried, i have never been on tablets for depression before and dont know what to expect, i am not new to forums, but i am new to this kind of forum so i will try my best not to upset anybody

nomorepanic
18-01-11, 16:47
Hi BigJay

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

kezstar
18-01-11, 16:58
Hi Jay, I'm new to this forum too. I was started on cit in Oct and now I'm on 40mg.
The side effects i experienced were wired jaw, tense neck, feeling sick if didnt eat, a bit dazed and sleepy, weird dreams and restless nights. Only lasted a week tho so I hope you get on ok with them.
Good luck! x

BigJay
18-01-11, 17:03
Hi Jay, I'm new to this forum too. I was started on cit in Oct and now I'm on 40mg.
The side effects i experienced were wired jaw, tense neck, feeling sick if didnt eat, a bit dazed and sleepy, weird dreams and restless nights. Only lasted a week tho so I hope you get on ok with them.
Good luck! x

Sounds great, i suppose in the long run tho, its all good

buster_uk1967
18-01-11, 17:06
Hi there everybody,
My name is Jay and im married with 3 kids and within the last 30 mins i have been put on the Tablet citalopram(20mg). Feelng a bit worried, i have never been on tablets for depression before and dont know what to expect, i am not new to forums, but i am new to this kind of forum so i will try my best not to upset anybody

Hi BigJay,

I too am new on here this time around. I was put on cit two years ago. I did have a very bumpy road with them for around six weeks they seemed to make things worse before finally settling down to a life something like. I stayed on them for four months or so. then with the help of the GP weaned off them all has been fine until the other week and back in the same boat. Off back to the GP's this Friday. Although everyone is different some manage with no side effects and others get everyone going but the end result is worth waiting for.
Buster.

kezstar
18-01-11, 17:30
Sounds great, i suppose in the long run tho, its all good

Lol, def stick with it!After the the first week i just get a tense jaw every now and then so it's all good x

BigJay
18-01-11, 17:35
Lol, def stick with it!After the the first week i just get a tense jaw every now and then so it's all good x

Dont worry i intend to, it was hard enough to go the Dr's, im not about to let that go to waste

Vanilla Sky
18-01-11, 21:22
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paulst
18-01-11, 21:31
Hi Jay, welcome to the forum, Im glad you found us.:)

BigJay
18-01-11, 21:37
Thanks for the welcome folks, had my first tablet a few hours ago...............What can i say :ohmy:, this is not the best feeling ive ever had.........

Frozen in fear
18-01-11, 21:52
Thanks for the welcome folks, had my first tablet a few hours ago...............What can i say :ohmy:, this is not the best feeling ive ever had.........

hi im on week 4 on sertrline go from 50mg to 100mg today was s... Scared because of sideaffects:welcome:

Peakdoodle
18-01-11, 22:39
Hi BigJay, good luck !!!!! Does your wife understands what's happening? My partner is a great help for me as she is aware that I am ill. She has forgiven me for my previous behaviour and now the drug has kicked in, the warmth in our relationship is back.

gaaron
18-01-11, 22:57
Hi BigJay, Apologies over the 'late' response I'm sure you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

Whatsgoinon
18-01-11, 23:04
a close friend of mine went on ciralopram for 6 weeks and it really helped him. He didnt have any bad sides and he described it as just making him feel like he could cope with things better until he got back on his feet.

Hope it works for you too : )

BigJay
19-01-11, 00:50
Hi BigJay, good luck !!!!! Does your wife understands what's happening? My partner is a great help for me as she is aware that I am ill. She has forgiven me for my previous behaviour and now the drug has kicked in, the warmth in our relationship is back.
My wife says she understands, but i can see it in her eyes that she does not, not fully anyway,i dont think that she can forgive me that quickly, i just have to prove to her that i am serious about getting better