PDA

View Full Version : That didn't take long

j2
18-01-11, 19:00
I posted earlier today about some pains and numbness I am having in my legs and arms that I hope are the result of chronic neck and back pain. My anxiety levels went from being mildly concerned to a full blown fear of something being seriously wrong. As the day goes on I feel less coordinated in my legs and fingers. My right hand is cold but my left isn't and I am feeling like my walking is "off" somehow. My long standing twitches are stronger than usual and things are getting worse. I keep thinking MS or ALS or brain tumor or God knows what. I hate to sound so whiney but I could really use a bit of encouragement or a shoulder to lean on. When will this end!

gaaron
18-01-11, 19:05
J2, if you've had all these things seen to my a doc, it is anxietyxx

j2
18-01-11, 19:10
I appreciate the input but I haven't seen a doc about this. I had blood tests a few weeks ago and they were fine. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow regarding a bum knee and I will bring it up then but I am freaking out and I can feel everything spiralling out of control.

gaaron
18-01-11, 19:15
J2, if you think things are spiralling out of control it's the anxiety playing it's tricks. You can explain everything to your doc tomorrow. x

j2
18-01-11, 19:16
Gaaron thanks. Just typing to and knowing that someone is listening really helps. Has anyone had symptoms similar to this and it turns out to be neck and back problems?

Greenman50
18-01-11, 19:52
Not the same thing , but had neck , ear , and pains in chest and under my arms , all disapeared , the more i worried the worse i went , inc pins and needles in my hands .
Never found out what it was but i presume it was anxiety as its gone now but i suffered for months .

j2
18-01-11, 20:05
Thanks Mel. Did you ever have issues where you didn't feel coordinated?

Greenman50
18-01-11, 20:14
Sort of , as my legs felt like jelly sometimes with all the worry .

Are you going to your GP about it for peace of mind ?

j2
18-01-11, 20:31
I have an appt tomorrow to go over results of an mri on my knee. Part of my overall problem is that running used to be great way to burn off stress but I hurt my knee a year ago and could not afford to even have it looked at until now. I have tried to find other activities but having a knee that hurts all the time limits me to swimming and I just can't swim long enough to really make it worth my time. I will bring up my neck/back fears tomorrow and see what he says but i am just falling apart now. Thanks mel.

Greenman50
18-01-11, 20:35
Let us all know how you get one , but you will be fine , the worry of the appointment won,t be helping either .

miniholly
18-01-11, 22:09
hi :) i had this the other day its so scary so i can understand your worrying! but although it's easier said then done please try not to worry, the more i worried about my numbness the worse it got. as for the un coordinated feeling, i had that too i felt as if my hand wasn't coordinating properly with the rest of my body, whenever i moved it it seemed to be...slow is the only way i can describe it really.
however i think it is just anxiety mine has almost completely gone now try and take your mind off things it really helps hope you feel better soon x

j2
24-01-11, 19:55
Thanks for all the responses. I am beginning to think that this is something to do with my neck and lower back and is related to bad posture and poor sleeping position. The pain in my feet has come and gone and come again, the same as my hands. I am going to see a chiro in a few days and hopefully he can suggest something.

Anxious_gal
25-01-11, 04:50
how did the doctors appointment go?
I too get the one hot and one cold hand thing. I know for me it's brought on by anxiety.

when my aunt had muscle tension in her neck she had all sorts of weird symptoms.