PDA

View Full Version : breast cancer ongoing worry

constantworrier418
19-01-11, 12:51
Haven't been on for a while as I'm desperately trying to avoid seeking reassurance but I'm having a bad day. Although I've been back on venaflaxin for a few weeks today my one continuous worry of breast cancer has really come back with avengence so hoping someone may be able to offer some hope :weep:

My issue with my breasts today is the area inbetween the breasts so the skin along the breast bone with each breast either side and where the skin merges from each breast to the flat inbetween area (or the cleavage?) hope this make sense! Well I had an itch so unlike me I decided to scatch it (normally I avoid as I know this can happen) and I'm sure I felt a some lump - I tried to put my mind at rest that it was a spot on the skin but i can't find the thing but it doesn't make me feel reassured as I wont rest until I can confirm 100% its a spot and not a lump - any help sorry for such a in depth story!:weep:

Mogwog
19-01-11, 13:16
Hi Chick

Maybe we can help each other as this is my biggest fear at the moment - well has been since I found a benign lump in Aug 2009. I have had a few cysts since too (still have some)

At the moment I have got left sided breast pain that never went away when my period started like it usually does, and I CANNOT stop checking my breast and thinking I can feel something :-( I can feel no definate lump - I think....ahh I just don't know!
I had a scan 12 weeks ago and all was fine apart from some small cysts.

I bet what you scratched is either just a spot or a normal bit of breast tissue. Remember that when you check your breasts you should ideally like down with your arm above your head as this stretches out the tissue to make it easier to feel. I just scratched mine where I think you are talking about and can felt squidy lumps - and I can all over if I don't lie down and examine them properly.

I am going to try not to check mine

Not sure if my post has made sense or helped you in anyway - but you are not alone with this worry - it consumes my everyt thought.

PM if you want to.

Love and hugs

Laura.xxxxx

constantworrier418
19-01-11, 13:25
consumes my daily thoughts as well. I can't check my boobs I do my utmost to avoid any contact as I'll get really panicky and doubt what I've felt. I can honestly say I'd have a mastsectomy if it was offered but I know this wouldn't solve HA as I would find another area to obsess about and you can't remove every part you become worried about just in case ... x

constantworrier418
19-01-11, 13:29
going to hold me arms up now and have a check.....

Mogwog
19-01-11, 13:32
Remember the time of the month affects things aswell - you should check just after your period has finished as thats when your breasts are less lumpy.

I HATE checking mine - I break out into a sweat and like you doubt what I have felt-I willl feel reassured for about 5 mins then the doubts come back :-(

Laura.xxxxx

constantworrier418
19-01-11, 13:34
do you seek reassrance from others and do you ask them to check? x

Mogwog
19-01-11, 13:39
I always seek reassurance from others. I phone my consultants secretary and make an appt and rush down there - its private so costs alot and I have seen him 3 times last year and he kept telling me to stop worrying. He is very kind and didnt even charge me last time as I was so upset but I think he will start to get fed up of me soon :-(
I drive my hubby mad with it so now I just keep it to myself. I am due to go back and see my consultant in 3 months just for a check up and it cant come soon enough :-(.xxxx

constantworrier418
19-01-11, 13:52
I'm so same - I can't ask my partner anymore as he flatly refuses and gets really angry with me so I have to keep it to myself but I am tempted to go back to the breast consultant I saw on the nhs and pay privately for check ups and I just cannot see how I will get over this. My Gp is pretty good - she chcecked my boobs for me last week but I don't recall she checked the bit inbetween my boobs which could mean its not important or she missed it! x