PDA

View Full Version : Bad side effects already - is this normal

smb25
19-01-11, 13:08
Hi Started 25mg of Sertraline on Monday and I feel absolutely awful. Constant nausea, upset tummy and generally feel terrible. I have no appetite and had hve 1 bowl of cereal since monday, struggling with fluids also. Are the side effects this bad normal? I have been reading through posts on here but not much details on how bad.

I phoned doc and he said some experience of digestive upset was normal but maybe not to this degree, he sugested taking or another few days. Thats a lot of days when you feel this crap.

I would welcome any advice on whether there is light at the end of this tunnel!

I have previously tried Citrolpram and stopped after 5 days due to bad experience. I dont want to stop these to early if its just a case of perseverance.

x

Sammylou
19-01-11, 13:37
Hi I suffered bad side effects for 3 and a half weeks, i couldnt eat either and lost a stone in weight. I had previously tried citalopram and only lasted 3 days! it does get better I started to see improvements from about 7 weeks and now 4 months in I feel pretty much back to normal apart from the occasional blip.

faye980
19-01-11, 13:46
Hi there, welcome to the sertraline journey and well done your on the road to recovery...
I started sert 25mg 6 weeks ago upping to 50mg after a week. I was like you got awful side effects especially the tummy! They do last a few weeks and then you will gradually feel small improvements everyday while they get to work. I'm now at week 6 and am feeling so much better and am nearly back to normal. So try and stick with them cos it is so worth it.
All i can say is the side effects should not get any worse...
Hope this helps, keep us updated with your progress xx

cookie10
19-01-11, 18:01
i am on day 13 of 50mg sertraline. the side effects have been pretty awful to say the least, indigestion, nausea, not being able to sleep well, extreme weakness and tiredness and also lots of shaking. Went back to docs on tuesday, she said to keep going, things will get better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt better before i went on them......... did anyone else have the same symptons ??? Many thanks

faye980
19-01-11, 21:05
i had every side effect on the box... but just stick with it, cos soon they will start to work and you'll start getting your life back xx

smb25
20-01-11, 10:15
Thank you everyone for your replies, I have at least managed to get up today, if only as far as sitting on the sofa, I really want to get through this and I guess the doubts are also part of the side effects/anxiety anyway.

cookie10, i know exactly what you mean, feel like i'm clinging on inside, but i am trying my best to stick with it...