PDA

View Full Version : Not alone

soulboy
19-01-11, 13:31
Hi having just logged into teh site its glad to think there are others out tehre i have been on Prozac f0r 18 mths and have lost all of my sex drive it has totally gone this is awful as got married last year any tips on how to counter act this.

nomorepanic
19-01-11, 13:32
Hi soulboy

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
19-01-11, 13:36
Hi soulboy, welcome to the forum. I would ask your gp about lack of sexdrive. You can be intimate in lots of ways that dont include penetrative sex, cuddles, share a bath, make time for meals together, lots of kissing, just to feel close and keep the connection there. I hope you get some help from your gp, or maybe the chemist can help. Best wishes, Paula x:welcome:

JaneC
19-01-11, 13:46
Hi Soulboy :welcome:. Speak to your doc (as Paula suggests), if you haven't already, to see what options there are. You could ask him/her about what they think about studies which have shown that taking the herb ginkgo biloba can help with this - I don't recommend trying it without speaking to the doc about it first though x

buster_uk1967
19-01-11, 14:00
Hi and welcome to a great site.

soulboy
20-01-11, 20:11
Hi Jane c

Thanks for he advice i haven't heard of that one, i will ask i'm seeing hm in a week.
I've tried coming off the Prozac but after a few days i just feel awful and can't be like that.

soulboy
20-01-11, 20:21
Hi
I'd better introduce myself i am 46 years old and have been on Prozac for 18 mths during this i had a spell as a day patient in the priory as i had chronic depression. this was brought on by me meeting the lady of my dreams and then we found out that her cancer had returned and was untreatable. i was at the time working in the city as i have done since i was 16 however they didn' understand when i took unpaid leave off to look after her during chemo and that made me even more down. i got married last july and at the moment she's not doing to bad and were trying to lookforward and enjoy life. so thats about it. I've never done anything like this beore i don't do facebook or that. but i think this looks different as its people trying to help, comfor, support and advise eachother in this current world i like the thought of that.
soulboy

Greenman50
20-01-11, 20:24
just wanted to say hi and :welcome:

soulboy
20-01-11, 20:30
Hi MEL2

Soyour new as well, quite scary isn't it, never done this before in my life.:blush: