PDA

View Full Version : continual anxiety

bassman
19-01-11, 14:19
any advice as i have suffered anxiety/dep last 30yrs was on ativan for 18yrs up to 2000 which i struugled to come off but again the last 10yrs still struggling with the same problems tried seroxat/citalopram only on low dose but side effects were unbearable couldnt carry on with them although i took 1/2 lorazopram (ativan) with them,but lately going downhill again bad dreams,nightmares,panic,shaking,stomach problems etc,what i want to know would it be worth trying some other ad as at the moment im back taking 1/2 lorazopram every night to overcome the anxiety,the dr gave 28 tablets to take when required as i told him i couldnt cope with the side effects of the ads but i know he wont give me anymore,anybody been in this position

chatterbox
19-01-11, 18:48
hi hello
Yes i feel same as you re anxiety. and if like me its in your makeup,i find trying to accept it.and speak to gp about other forms of help other than tablets. Have you ever gone without medication for a while to see how you feel Holly

bassman
19-01-11, 19:47
its only twice ive tried the ads and only take 1/2 lorazrapam when needed to be honest i have only taken the loraz when i am absolutely desperate and only taken about 30 half tablets in the last few yrs which i suppose its nothing really to when i was on 2 tablets a day for 18 yrs so i suppose i will just carry on the way i am taking the odd half now and then providing my dr prescribes them and providing i only go back every few months i cant see any harm in that,its just on times i feel so desperate and the worse of the symptoms do pass so its just a cry for help when i come on line,thanks, ps-i know for sure that certain foods do start the anxiety so i will look more into that side of it