PDA

View Full Version : Anyone help?????

katyfitz
28-03-06, 11:48
Something has been playing on my mind for a while now, and that is the difference between a panic attack and anxiety as i constantly feel like s**t! il try to explain to you what happens to me, what my differences are. When im anxious i always have a constant spaced out/lightheaded feeling (dont know the difference realy) and i get alot of tension and sometimes can feel my heart beating faster then it should or slower then it should. the when im out in a public place, i.e bar. club, cinema shops etc i can be standing there and one minute i wil be fine the next i get a real big hot flush that just takes over me, my ears burn up, i then find that im taking 3 breaths before i actually feel comfortable breathing when normally its just one (so hard to xplain) tyhe dizzyness is bad its like ur off balance and feel any minute ul collapse loose contol etc and i normally have to get myself out the situation and get air.

So do i make sense. Does anyone feel like this. Why even when i dont think im having a panic attack do i still feel like something is wrong with me? like im shaking off the flu, the sicky feeling the light head etc, i just cant deal with it anymore.

I also find myself sleeping more because i dont wanna get up and face yet AGAIN what the day holds for me, u cant live ur life feeling like crap everyday.

And one more question, when i read 'out of control' how does that mean we react? we faint and we no longer take charge? Just curios.

Thanks in advance to any feedback which would be most appreciated x

bearzy1985
28-03-06, 13:57
Heya katy, yeah i feel exactly the same as you do... the feeling of constantly fighting something... i.e the dizzyness constantly.. the tight feeling in chest.. and also when im in a public place.. i get that boiling hot feeling and ultra dizzyness and the massive feeling of needing to get out of the situation and away from people who can see me... but im sure it wont be forever for any of us.. we just have to work out why it is there and change it.. i don't take any medication as im trying to work at it without hiding behind it but its soo bloody hard.. but anyway i just wanted to mention something that might help.. i noticed when i took the dogs out for a walk today i was feeling dizzy thinking about how anxious i would be looking to other people and fighting the feeling i had trying to make it go away, when i just thought that i wouldn't be bothered by it anymore.. i just simply thought to myself, "right im sick of fighting you, im just going to let it flow and concentrate on something else" i dont know if that makes sense... but basically i found that just letting the anxiety get on with what its doing.. and dont fight it, it actually lowered considerably, It didnt go away completely but im sure if we can get the point where we dont even give a damn about anxiety then it will get bored and go away... anyway sorry for rambling just had to get that off my chest lol

hope your feeling better anyway :)

take care
xxx

arethaire
28-03-06, 14:00
Hi Katyf

It really sounds as if you could be writing about me, I get lots of symptoms just like you & as you say it's every day & gets you down.
Do you go out at all?
& Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
Cath x

lonelysolitude
28-03-06, 14:04
I can totally relate to what you are going thru right now coz im experiencing this,too.I get this weird symptoms almost everyday but none of the panic ( that i usually get twice a month or more depending on how stress i get ).It is driving me crazy but im hanging on or rather really trying very hard to get control of the situation but sometimes i cant then i relly freak out.Im off meds already.I tried going back but i cannot deal with the side effects of the drug.I have xanax as needed if it gets real bad,like im feeling like im dying or something or i want to rush to the hospital really bad.Its that sick feeling that i get that drives me nuts.Like i get nauseated,light headed and very dizzy and i also get tummy pains. I dont know if your symptoms shift or change but mine does.I sometimes get palpitation,hot cold flashes,tingling and numbness and spacey.What I do is take deep breaths and cross my fingers that its going to stop the feelings.sometimes it works but sometimes it does not.As what they say it is a vicious cycle.I hope you feel better soon and have better days.Just remember that its just anxiety trying to scare us.I know its easier said than done.but just keep on hanging.it will pass.

katyfitz
28-03-06, 15:02
Thanks for all your replys much appreciated. Im 22 years old and i do go out buit cant go far as i fear i will faint collapse and never see my family again x

Karen
28-03-06, 20:44
Hi Katy

You've had some good replies already and you might want to look at these posts:

Panic v anxiety
What's the difference between panic and anxiety? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2963)
what is the diffrence (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5106)

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

mirry
28-03-06, 22:08
ANXIETY means to me, I am feeling like i may take a panic attack, its that jittery on edge feeling that makes me feel upset and depressed in general.................
PANIC.... is that sudden rush of fear you get when your heart goes into palpatations and you get that severe dizzyness and you need to RUN AWAY from the situation (remember you are not running from the situation) you are running from the fear which is YOURSELF!

Now days when i get the dizzyness i am starting to take control of it after 4 years fighting it, i now try to giggle and say in my head wow that feels nice ,some people pay for drugs to get that sensation and i get it for free. (HELPFULL THOUGHTS)

mirryx

lizmarshall
29-03-06, 11:19
Hi Kathy,

I have the same prob, i can be fine all day then go really light headed as if im going to fall over any minute and the sickness.....horrible.

i would like to say to Bearzy1985 well done for trying it without meds, im trying to do the same, the olnly meds i have is stelazine and i only take them if i really really need to. Well done.

Kathy - keep your chin up hun, i ve only had these 3 months and its driving me mad but we have to keep going and as alot of people are saying dont fight it just let it happen and it does help beleive me as thats exactley what ive been doing.

Liz

Meg
29-03-06, 17:38
**sometimes can feel my heart beating faster then it should or slower then it should. **

There is no should. It will beat as fast as it needs to deal with what you are doing or thinking. If you breathe faster it beats faster

**cant go far as i fear i will faint collapse and never see my family again x **

Even if you were to faint, which you're not going to - as Nigel says - it doesn't work like that then it would just be a faint and faints do not lead to never seeing family again. They last a few seconds/minutes then you get up and carry on

You are catastrophising and your body thinks you are genuine so is responding with its natural protection method.

Distance away has nothing to do with whether you faint or not. Anxiety is within you so whereever you go it can go too if you choose to listen to its signals or you can resolve to ignore these feelings once and sit it out and wait for the anxiety to lessen.

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress