PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Sleep Issues......

StephieLane2105
20-01-11, 10:20
Hiya,

I suffer from anxiety, mainly Health and I take 20mg Citalopram..... I had been ok up until just recently, I have had 2 pretty horrible panic attacks and have been suffering various symptoms of anxiety for a few weeks now..
The main issue seems to be sleeping....I jolt away and suffer an intense burning wave up and down my body, mixed with a bit of sleep paralasys (sadly suffer from that quite a bit)...then have to get out of bed due to panic.
Last night I had a dream somebody literraly smashed me over the head, it made a really loud noise, then my fiance woke me up because I was gasping...does anyone have any tips, or suggestions?? I am starting to worry about going to sleep.

Thanks
Stephie xxx:hugs:

StephieLane2105
20-01-11, 17:03
Hi again.....is there really no-one who suffers with sleep issues midly related to this? I could really use a helping hand!

x

gaaron
20-01-11, 17:20
Hi, I did see your post this morning, but I didn't know if I could help as I don't get the intense burning wave. I'm not on Citalopram now, but I do jolt (quite high), wake up because I'm gasping for breath. Also when trying to sleep I feel as if I'm falling. I also get very hot (but I put that down to age). I get this most nights, the most I sleep is 2hrs without waking. All this has been going on for approx 2yrs. I also have a type of 'bang' in the head that wakes me up. I haven't told the doc about this, so I haven't got any ideas of how to help. xx I'm very tired!!

magpie girl
20-01-11, 18:44
hi i suffer from sleep probs aswell.Ive had it on and off for about 4 years now,i get everything from burning sensation irregular body movements and jolting awake:weep::weep::weep:I thought it had finally passed but its started again this week.I was on citalopram for 2 years but my anxiety flared up again and i was unable to increase my dose so the gp put me on cipralex instead.I did find that relaxation classes helped me alot,and helps break the cycle of being scared to sleep incase you jolt awake.Have a word with your doctor maybe they could help get u relaxation classes or disscuss other ways of helping you xxxx

StephieLane2105
20-01-11, 20:45
HI there....thank you for messaging! It's just nice to know i'm not on my own.
I guess i will just have to see how things go.....!! fingers crossed for a peaceful nights sleep!! For you too.....sounds like you really go through it:-(