PDA

View Full Version : rib pain funny chest sensation

little_worrier
20-01-11, 11:42
hi,

does anyone ever get pain under the ribs?
ive been getting this especially under the left side, sort of like a burning gnawing pain, sometimes tender to touch, doc couldnt seem to find anything wrong but sent off a urine test to be sure it wasnt an infection of the kidneys or something.
Also i get for a few days at a time the feeling of my throat/chest feeling tight, sort of heavy. its hard to describe, and i feel like i cant get a deep breath like somethings stuck in the way...is this anxiety? it worries me a bit cos it can last a few days,
i try and yawn or burp to make the feeling subside but sometimes i find it makes it worse, i also seem to have developed a habit of like tightning up my throat and chest muscles, if that makes any sense,

just wondered if anyone has anything similar?

gypsywomen
20-01-11, 12:36
yes it can all be caused by anxiety

little_worrier
20-01-11, 12:49
its just worrying when it lasts a few days rather than just a panic or anxiety attack that people describe,
i do worry alot about my health having said that

cluck
20-01-11, 21:26
hi have you seen the doc i have had this before the doctor sent me for test as he said the main problem with this pain is gall bladder xx

little_worrier
21-01-11, 08:48
i have seen the doc who sent off a urine test which i will get the results for today, i will go back tho as still in pain, also getting very worried as its as if i can feel a bump or something by where my bottom ribs are on the left, the right side isnt as big? i think horrible things like cancer :weep:

kah
27-01-11, 11:07
Hi,

I get pain under my left ribs all the time. My GP seems to think it's IBS which is made worse by anxiety/stress. I'm the worst for worrying but would say that I'm sure if there was a lump the GP would have felt it. To put your mind at rest why don't you get him to feel the area you are worried about.

K xx

Shanny
27-01-11, 16:49
I have the same pain too, totally in the same area and I was convinced that it was my pancreas because my dad passed away from pancreatic cancer 4 years ago and ever since then I have been worried about any pain I experience. I now realize the pain and discomfort usually is associated with what I ate the night before...so, it makes me think that what I am experiencing is my IBS symptoms...and what makes it worse is me worrying about it....you will be just fine, hang in there :)

little_worrier
28-01-11, 12:30
thanks guy, the lump i was feeling was actually rib!
and it was down to ibs..had xrays so im ok now :-)