PDA

View Full Version : Sighing/Gasping/Breathing problems

Eggy
20-01-11, 13:00
I have Asthma but i cannot remember doing this years back, Is it a side effect of Cipralex, I seem to like sigh/gasp for breath and do it a lot of times every hour, Just wondering what could be causing it, As long as it's nothing serious like a lung or heart problem then that's ok but i am getting concerned about it.

KK77
20-01-11, 21:11
What makes you think it's a Cipralex side effect Herr Eggy? If it says in the side effects leaflet that it can cause this then perhaps it is, although I wouldn't have thought it would be common.

You've complained about this before though and it could easily be your level of fitness, asthma and anxiety causing it.

Angelai
20-01-11, 21:17
Oh, I get similar sometimes - like I've forgotten to breathe or something and need to catch up, even though I haven't :wacko:

KK77
22-01-11, 23:59
Earth to Eggy - you still with us? :shrug:

RafflesGeorgiou
24-01-11, 09:33
I get this too! I thought I was the only one. I do it every 20 minutes - half an hour though. I suddenly go "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" lol. I've put it down to my messed up breathing caused by anxiety. I do worry sometimes but I don't think it's anything too serious. Just mention it to your doctor next time your there! I will too! xx

FreeSpirit
24-01-11, 15:52
Hi Eggy :)

I have asthma and do exactly the same thing as you..it's like every 15 mins or so I need to take a good deep breath.. it's a recent thing with me too..I don't take Cipralex so I wouldn't think it's a side effect of that..it's probs just how asthma gets as we get older.