PDA

View Full Version : Waves Yes I am a GAD lol

nessque
20-01-11, 13:18
How do you begin the subject everyone else is here, for, yes I do suffer from GAD but its related to my Mum, if she is ill its something bad. Now this week has been horrendous.
She has a chest infection, if she vomits I think its something else, if she coughs I think its something else, yes the big C jumps into my mind. I lost two Uncles to pancreatic cancer, you see where I am going. Its crazy, nuts I know, I know, I kick myself daily. Add to this I am a nurse so I get wound up a lot faster because I know more stuff.
Just took her back to see the doctor, and he wasn't our regular doctor, he was another doctor. Oh your respiration is too fast, you have a deep rooted chest infection. He gave her doxycycline, they are upsetting her stomach. She vomited and yes my anxiety has gone through the roof. Thats it! going to get her appointment with her own doctor tomorrow if it kills me doing so, but yes I am Generally over anxious about my Mothers health.

diane07
20-01-11, 13:19
Hi nessque

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

nessque
20-01-11, 13:31
thank you diane I am looking forward to being part of the community.

buster_uk1967
20-01-11, 14:55
Welcome nessque. Great and helpful site here.

midgey
20-01-11, 14:58
I'm a nurse too, theres lots of us on here !!
A lot of my anxiety stems from some of the awful cases you see as a nurse. I have health anxiety and i think i have agoraphobia....never been officially diagnosed but i fit all the criteria.
I haven't got any real advice but wanted to say welcome, and you are not alone.

Vanilla Sky
20-01-11, 22:02
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

nessque
22-01-11, 13:04
thank you everyone what a lovely welcome,