PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Cancer- Constant Left Side Pain! Please Help

Brooke4131
20-01-11, 16:10
Hi All,

I'm new to this website, but so glad that I've found it. I've been having health anxiety for the past 4 years, ever since my mother was diagnosed with cancer. I'm terrified of coming down with cancer and see an little twinge or pain as an indicator of the disease (yes, I'm guilty of reseaching the topic to death on the web too!).

I'm a 25 year old female and have been having left side pain for the past two weeks. Sometimes it moves into my upper chest and it's a burning sensation. I know, it sounds like heart burn, but I keep running the scenarios down in my mind....pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer, etc. I know they're not logical, but I just can't break myself of the thought. Please help! I see a doctor in about 2 weeks, but in the meantime I'm driving myself crazy!

Greenman50
20-01-11, 16:21
Sounds to me like heartburn due to all the worry , i,m the same as soon as i worry i get heartburn . You could try the otc zantac 75 , from any chemist or supermarket to settle it down before you see the doctor .

:welcome:

macc noodle
20-01-11, 16:25
Welcome to NMP.

Peppermint tea or camomile tea might help. Indigestion/heartburn symptoms sound a probable cause as previous post suggests.

Why not see if you can bring your appointment forward if it is driving you so mad?

:)

I know how it feels to have HA - especially hard when a loved one is unwell as it is too close to home and stokes your fears.