PDA

View Full Version : My past Colonoscopy post.

Horse
20-01-11, 17:18
I am posting to say that Admin have kindly moved my post regarding my Colonoscopy 'preparation' to the Medical Procedures Forum under Colonoscopy and made it a 'Sticky' (there's another joke there somewhere).
I am grateful to all the replies I received saying how much fellow Anxiety sufferers enjoyed the reading and I'm happy to of brought some smiles to their faces.

Thank you.

Horse.

diane07
20-01-11, 17:20
Its so good its here for those who want to view

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=88443

Horse
20-01-11, 17:39
Thank you Diane.

If only I was getting royalties for it.

diane07
20-01-11, 17:45
You should print it off and put it in all the hospitals, all them anxious patients would soon calm down after reading it, apart from that i think you should write a book.xx

daisycake
20-01-11, 17:52
You should print it off and put it in all the hospitals, all them anxious patients would soon calm down after reading it, apart from that i think you should write a book.xx

:yesyes:

Definitely :D

My GP once told me to do one for children whose parents are ill... it was supposed to be called "What to do when Mummy is ill"... :D Never did do it though...

You have a very good way with words Horse, made me grin :) x

nomorepanic
20-01-11, 18:16
oops sorry I forgot to tell you we moved it!

I think it is in a better place there :yahoo:

Horse
20-01-11, 18:25
Agreed.

Many thanks.

mushroom
20-01-11, 21:16
Hilariously written! You are very talented (not at going to the toilet I hasten to add!!!).
I have read a few of your posts, and wonder if you can see your qualities....you seem to have a great sense of humour!

Horse
20-01-11, 22:24
Thank you Mushroom.

I would like to be a writer, but don't think I would be good enough!

Diva
20-01-11, 22:44
Hi Horse

See how many people who have said you should be a writer! I think you would be good enough so why not give it a try, even if it's only for your own (and our) pleasure.

Hope you're doing well.

xx

mushroom
20-01-11, 22:55
Give yourself some credit....you are v talented!!

diane07
20-01-11, 23:46
Horse

You should have your own forum on here, you are so talented and just don't realise it, you are like a breath of fresh air and make me laugh so much, to be able to take a medical procedure and turn it into the most hysterical reading ever, wow what a clever and funny man you are.

well done you and do not underestimate yourself

di xx

Horse
21-01-11, 00:49
Thank you all so much for your kind words.

I am lucky in a way as I suppose that I use humour as a mask to hide my Anxiety and years of pain. Most of the greatest comedians were cursed with tremendous depression throughout their lives but were very talented in their work.

To me, my life has been wasted owing to the fact that I have spent most of it doing jobs that I never really liked. My main passion has always been Photography and I would love to do this for a living as well. My writing is perhaps the second passion and I have been doing both for about 40 years.

Regretably, I have always been very self critical and conscious of my work and although many people have passed praise on my standard of both subjects, sadly my lack of confidence and self esteem together with years of emotional torture and abuse has prevented me from pursuing the work I love to a higher level whereby I may obtain some form of financial gain.

I know exactly what I want to express in my heart. I have so many ideas for my photography and many, many words to write. In the past, I have written music and lyrics, poetry and comedy scripts. I was once asked by a photographer to be a Wedding Photographer based on the merit of my then work, I refused. A few years ago I was invited to exhibit my photography in a gallery in order to get recognised by the public, again I refused. Someone once asked if I would give a public talk on the way I see life (from a comical point of view), needless to say, that never happened. Everything is inside me, but is shackled by the chains of Anxiety.

Perhaps one day I will get lucky and overcome my limitations. Someone will see me and want me for who I really am and not what they want me to be.
Maybe one day I will be a sought after Photographer or see some of my writing work published. Someone once said, "The waste of a talent is a terrible thing."

However, if I can make a few fellow sufferers and friends smile on NMP, then it gives me one reason to carry on living and writing.

God bless you and thanks.

Horse.

mushroom
21-01-11, 12:40
Horse, I think I remember someone ask you if you have a website....if you do, pleaded could you pm me the address? Thanks

Horse
21-01-11, 23:05
Mushroom.
I've PMd as your request.

nomorepanic
21-01-11, 23:25
Hey horse (I don't know your real name and calling you horse seems weird lol)

Why not write a thread on here about your funny experiences. We could all benefit from your funny stories and they cheer people up no end.

mushroom
22-01-11, 07:16
Thanks horse, I will take a look.

Horse
22-01-11, 11:30
Nicola. (Nomorepanic)
I just wanted to say that I am honoured to be asked to contribute to NMP as the 'Light Entertainment Officer.' I shall endeavour to search the 'Windmills of my Mind' in order to provide the best quality (but sadly true) stories of days gone by!

For your information.
The name 'Horse' was given to me some 40 years ago by a very dear friend of mine and has a somewhat poignant tale.
As I have stated in my previous posts, I have suffered the symptoms and malaise of Anxiety since my childhood, when I was ten years old to be exact, when I was beaten with a bamboo stick on a regular basis because of my severe insecurity. Needless to say my suffering continued daily and regrettably did so in other ways until I become old enough to 'fight back.' Unfortunately, the damaged had been done by then.

It was around that time that a film called 'A Man Called Horse' was released starring Richard Harris followed by a sequel 'Return of a Man Called Horse.' YouTube will probably have it somewhere!
To cut a long story short, in the second movie, Mr Harris undergoes an initiation ceremony in order to become a member of the 'Yellow Hand' Sioux American Indian tribe and is then known as 'Horse' or rather 'Shunkawakhan' (forgive me if the facts are not entirely accurate). Consequently, great suffering is required both physically and spiritually. Therefore, from the age of 17, I was known as Horse purely because my friend, and a few others who knew about my 'early years' thought it very appropiate, to which I am honoured for their compassion.

Personally, I think the other reason is because I used to eat like one.
But sadly that's where the similarity ends!!!!!

I bet you wish you hadn't of asked now.

God bless you.

Horse.

eo
25-01-11, 17:56
Hi Horse,

Like everyone else I say thank you and God bless you for the post and your story on how you got the name. It put a big smile on my face (haven't really laughed in a while). I look forward to reading more posts from you and hopefully I'll be able to write back and say I laughed :-) . Can I ask a question here? If like Horse symptoms continue after having a flexible sigmoidoscopy, should you be asking for more tests from your gp? Thank you in advance for your advice.

EO

Horse
25-01-11, 18:25
Thank you eo.

My symptoms so they say, are due more than likely to IBS.

However, I am now being tested for Pancreatitis as of yesterday which includes yet another bood test and xray. If all is negative then another Endoscopy is promised.

Such joy.

Horse.

eo
25-01-11, 18:56
Thank you eo.

My symptoms so they say, are due more than likely to IBS.

However, I am now being tested for Pancreatitis as of yesterday which includes yet another bood test and xray. If all is negative then another Endoscopy is promised.

Such joy.

Horse.

You can say that again. Hoping all goes well and that you don't need to do any more tests.

EO