PDA

View Full Version : Scared of symptoms

anx mum
20-01-11, 19:49
Plz guys help r these anxiety symptoms really scared feel awful. Chest pain, dizziness, suffocatting feeling,ache in arms, pins and needles. Feeling of going 2 collaspe. Feeling of dread. Been 2 doc and he thinks anxiety why is it so hard to believe?

LucyR
20-01-11, 20:05
Hi, Yes I guess we must believe it is even if thats very hard as it comes and goes and doesnt happen.

Nigel
20-01-11, 20:08
Hi Anx Mum,

Those are all symptoms of panic and anxiety, although it’s hard to believe how something caused by thoughts can cause so many physical sensations. I think the key reassurance is that you’ve seen your doctor and had various checks done, and as everything is alright, that just leaves anxiety as the culprit.

Most people underestimate the power of the mind.

Have you ever read the Panic & Anxiety Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/) page from the menu on the left? Even if you have, there’s such a lot of helpful information that I think it would be good to give it another read through. It explains about many of your symptoms and what causes them. Understanding why they happen takes away some of the fear, and lessening the fear will naturally lessen the anxiety too.

You might like to check out some of the other pages on the left as well. The self help ones are very good.

Take care :)
Nigel