PDA

View Full Version : Have i had depression since i was kid or...?

Unconnected
20-01-11, 21:17
This will sound crazy.

When i was younger i would always sleep with a close member of my family because i couldn't sleep on my own sometimes i would try and i'd hear this voice in a loud whisper say my name ever since i've slept with someone close in my family because if i sleep on my own i can't get to sleep and i'll hear voices...I've tried...i just have to have someone next to me to sleep. :shrug:

i'm now a teen and i feel childish and its not that i haven't tried i have but the last time i tried was in 2010 sometime......and i think theres

"Psychotic Depression" so could that mean i've always had depression for along time...i was shy as a kid but not as bad as i am now.....help?! :unsure:

i know its confusing and i sound mad.

JaneC
20-01-11, 21:41
Sounds like it could be an anxiety thing Unconnected, but I'm not an expert. Have you or your family spoken to a doc about this?

Unconnected
20-01-11, 22:25
Sounds like it could be an anxiety thing Unconnected, but I'm not an expert. Have you or your family spoken to a doc about this?
Hey :) i went to a doctor a few years ago and he got someone who i was speaking to (forgot the name) and i was speaking to them but then it stopped and i haven't seen them in months..:ohmy::wacko:

harasgenster
20-01-11, 23:57
Hi
When I was a kid I heard voices when I tried to go to sleep. I used to sleep in my Mam and Dad's bed quite a lot up until I was around ten and the voices stopped. They didn't whisper my name but they made me read flashcards of numbers that grew ever bigger into the millions and trillions faster and faster and they would grow loud and start shouting as the images and sounds sped up.

This was all in my mind of course and the flashcards were "in my mind's eye" if that makes sense - rather than hallucinating them in the room.

Although you have a different voice it sounds like it might be the same thing. I remember it vividly because it was absolutely terrifying. I think in my case I may have been a bit stressed as a kid. I occassionally had other hallucinations that I thought were real but weren't etc.

I don't think any of this kind of stuff means you're mad or psychotic. These are all symptoms of anxiety.

Did you explain to the doc all this stuff? Does he realise the extent of it? Are you on any kind of treatment for this?

daisycake
21-01-11, 00:49
I used to sleep in my mum's bed for years after my dad walked out; the only thing that stopped me was her putting a coffee table in front of the door on her side. I gave up that night - must have been 14 at the time - and fell alseep in me own bed. I still have sleeping issues now, I sleep on a sofa bed atm as can't sleep in my own bed, get too anxious, and I never fall asleep in other's houses.. Everyone thought it was a separation anxiety thing as I went through a lot of that as a child - due to things that happened I always hated being apart from my mam!! I honestly think this is just an anxiety thing, but would mention it to your doc too even if just for a wee bit of advice :hugs: