PDA

View Full Version : Numbness in arms & spasms/cramping in legs

dtaber
20-01-11, 22:04
Hi all,

I'm new and have been having some weird symptoms for me anyway. First I suffer from anxiety and do have panic attacks. I am currently on prozac. I started with 10 mg, went to 20mg and now I am on 30 mg as of today. All within the span of 1 month. So I have been on prozac for a month. I also have atavan for when I have a panic attack. And I only use it when necessary and usually under the recommended dose of .5 mg.

With my dosage being upped, it feels like I am getting brain zaps. I've heard of them when you go off certain meds. But not when the dosage is upped. Anyone else get those? And do they go away?

Also for the last week, I have been getting weird feelings in my arms and legs. The legs feel almost like they want to charlie horse-but never do and then I get spasms in them.

The arms feel heavy and sometimes I get a weird pain in my right arm about elbow area and some cramping in my wrist.

I've had many tests done 2 ekgs, 2 chest xrays, and much blood work and there's nothing wrong supposedly.

My doctor recommended taking a calcium supplement-which I am taking but I still feel the weirdness in my limbs.

So could this be a symptom of my anxiety/panic? I'm assuming much tension in my body is causing the limb weirdness.

Then chest pains- they are so frustrating. Even when I am not having a panic attack- i get chest pains daily. I can take 1/4 of .5mg tablet of atavan and they go away. Again is that a symptom too?

Just looking for reassurance, unfortunately I am one of those that are hyper-aware of every little symptom in my body. But I am also trying to do alot of self talk to reassure myself that these are all anxiety symptoms.

Deanna

calm
20-01-11, 22:22
hi deanna

when i was having a high anxiety attack/panic attack my left arm would go al numb...so so frightening...but now i know its my bodies reaction to all the adrenalin rushing around my body.

if you have had all the tests and they have come out ok...then i am sure it is fine but obviously if you are concerned please visit your gp again....but i am sure its just your body reacting xxxxxx

gemmy
20-01-11, 22:43
hi deanna
i suffer with everthing you have and apparently its all down to anxiety the pains in your arms chest legs its also at the minute i am exspericing really bad pain in my neck which i thougt i was having a stroke or something turned out after i rung the ambulance was a pulled muscle brilliant i thought i looked stupid to all theneighbours hope if you need me for anything im here xx