PDA

View Full Version : its back!!!

cluck
20-01-11, 22:25
please help i have felt off it all day and now the panic is back. i feel sick cant swallow, tingles every where and chest pains my husband is no help he keeps stop panicking he does not understand. any advice is welcome

calm
20-01-11, 22:27
oh my love....its so hard when our loved ones do not understand.

dont fight it .....go with it.....and breath my love....we are here for you xxxxx a good friend of mine on here told me to use a paper bag to breath into....it does work xxxx

please let us know how you are doing xxxxxx

Dean 2200
20-01-11, 22:50
Hi Cluck

Sorry to hear your husband isn't so supportive but some people can just be ignorant because they're not educated in the problem. Try and discuss your problems with him and try and get him to understand things a lot more. Try and encourage him to read up about panic attacks and anxiety.

The good news is, the side effects you listed are completely normal and you will not come to any harm. Chest pains are nothing, there uncomfortable but they won't harm you in any way. The tingling feeling is also uncomfortable but again, it's common and won't harm you.

I have some quick techniques that can help when your beginning to panic. Like Calm said, you can breathe into the bag and it 100% helps as it balances things out more. You can also splash really cold water in your face if your heart is going fast as the bodies normal reaction to this is too slow the heart rate down as your brain tells yourself you may not get a breathe soon and be under water. It sounds silly but it works.

A more simple technique is too count from 100 back to 1 in 3s. Or you can name every city in the world (or at least try :) ) Diversion in the mind is absolutely key because panic feeds off fear. The more you worry, the worse you'll feel, fact. So divert your attention and you'll beat it.

Panic attacks are weak, always remember that. Ride with it and accept it while practicing diversion techniques and you'll beat panic attacks. That's a fact. It's harder to cure general anxiety though but beating panic attacks is obviously the first step.

Take care and remember all the things you listed are completely normal.