PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over nothing?

phil06
20-01-11, 23:01
I read a thread recently about the difference between panic and an anxiety attack. I suffer GAD and like right now I'm restless, uneasy, feel like pulling hair out and can't understand why. I just feel grouchy and unreal. Generally sit with some kind of negative thought bugging me.

This is the challenge forgetting anxiety and relaxing. I've been unable to do that. I've also had a thought that maybe a big anxiety attack in May last year was not anxiety? I done his fear I'm a ghost or crazy stuff like that not helped by feeling unreal. I find it quite disturbing this derealization as I don't quite feel part of every day life. And I sit worrying about this and my OCD had been bad too.

Relaxation is hard as I can't relax and anytime I do it's never long. Distraction helps but it's hard to do that every moment if the day? :huh: Despite sometimes feeling better I feel I struggle to make it through a day.

nomorepanic
21-01-11, 00:03
Phil - I think you are thinking and analyzing things too much to be honest.

What help are you getting at the moment and what self help are you doing?

noj
21-01-11, 00:21
I have found that doing physical exercise helps. Even playing the lads Wii, the boxing game on Wii sports helps me to relax, and it gets the heart rate up as well so good exercise all round. try it.

phil06
21-01-11, 00:23
What help are you getting at the moment and what self help are you doing?

At the moment self help books, been out every day even if it's been a walk for the past ten days, I'm seeing a counsellor but she's not doing CBT just talking over my concerns. I'm still talking propranalol to reduce the physical symptoms.

Felt a bit better but in still worried as I'm still anxious.

phil06
21-01-11, 00:25
I have found that doing physical exercise helps. Even playing the lads Wii, the boxing game on Wii sports helps me to relax, and it gets the heart rate up as well so good exercise all round. try it.

Yes that's what else I'm doing I just got kinect for the xbox which is like the wii as I'm doing a full run work out for 15 mins. Only got it so still to use it alot.