PDA

View Full Version : to woman with kids!

breanna
21-01-11, 05:07
okay so im due in like a week and my anxiety has never been this.bad! im so scared of labor n delivery and not making it.through!so im even scared to get an epidural which i have every.time but im scared something may go.wrong, has anyone out there had a birth with and without.one?

Anxious_gal
21-01-11, 05:18
I can't answer your post but you may find this helpful> http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?t=3354

Del1970
21-01-11, 08:07
I think all mums get anxious nearer the birth and start imagining bad things that could happen, I have had epidural but that was to have the two c-sections that I had but my other 3 boys where born normally without epidural, I just had gas n air and another pain killer but can't remember the name of it and everything went ok - Have a talk with your midwife and see what she thinks and try not to worry just think of the likkle bundle you will be welcoming into the world then giving a big cuddle - good luck so what you choose xx

willitstop
21-01-11, 10:24
I have never had an epidural and given birth loads of times :)
i found once i was in labour my mind didnt have time to concentrate on my anxiety and i laboured and gave birth everytime without a single anxiety/panic attack.
you will be fine xx

breanna
21-01-11, 11:33
also, my heart beats so hard i can feel it in my head, hear it in my ears and see it in my wrists! is this a normal anxiety thing? or being pregnant cuz of extra blood flow? i dont remember this before!

Del1970
21-01-11, 11:38
also, my heart beats so hard i can feel it in my head, hear it in my ears and see it in my wrists! is this a normal anxiety thing? or being pregnant cuz of extra blood flow? i dont remember this before!

That will be just because your at the end of the pregnancy and your heart is working overtime, nothing to be worried about but if anything is bothering you speak to your midwife or your doctor they will reasure you, try to relax and enjoy the remainder of the pregnancy, i'm sure you'll be fine xx