PDA

View Full Version : Can Piles cause an ache ?

Zee
21-01-11, 11:48
Although I understand the pain of fissure ( had 2/3 before ), Im not sure about discomfort associated with piles .
Can it cause an achy feeling for a while?

Pudding
21-01-11, 15:49
Hi Zee

It certainly does for me, I suffer dreadfully with them and they bleed a lot too but when they are bad they do really ache.

suzy-sue
21-01-11, 16:11
Yes I had them bad after Id given birth .The pressure was awful ..Obviously to do with blood flow and gravity as it wasnt as bad when sitting ..That was a different problem ..ouch :ohmy:..Sue x

Ddcoo
21-01-11, 17:44
Hi Zee, yes they definitely can ache, I have had piles for years and when they play up they really ache for quite a few days, best thing to use is suppositories, they help a lot.

Zee
21-01-11, 20:53
Thanks for the replies..Do external and internal ones ache, little itchy maybe ?

harasgenster
21-01-11, 21:24
Hi
I don't know about external but I reckon I must get internal piles because I bleed there sometimes and occasionally it itches but I've never noticed any lumps or anything.

Had it recently and had a horrible aching feeling, like I'd fallen over, so it sounds like what you're getting is pretty normal :)

jillyb
21-01-11, 21:47
I also had them during/after pregnancy and sometimes get them now ... yes, they do ache and they do itch!!! Creams/suppositories certainly do the trick!

Zee
21-01-11, 21:51
How long do they last or does it vary ?

nomorepanic
21-01-11, 22:09
yeah it is a bit like how long is a piece of string.

you do need to get some cream for them though as it will speed up the healing.

Zee
30-01-11, 17:22
I cant find the exact answer on net ( without too much searching),. Does anyone know please... ive had a fissure about 5 weeks ago which healed within a week then I had some more discomfort a week later for a few days and it eased so I wasnt sure if I then had external piles or the fissure reopened.
It eased and then today after bit of difficulty going to toilet I felt the stinging sensation and there was a couple drops red blood. I know that can happen but a few hours later went to put some cream on and dabbed the sore little raised bump and there was a few spots of bright blood as I dabbed. I kept dabbing and a few more spots which freaked me. Does this happen with either a fissure or external piles ?