PDA

View Full Version : 3.8 white blood cell count

cornishmaid
21-01-11, 15:41
had my results back today and the nurse said my white blood count was 3.8 and it should be between 4 and 11, i was doing so well and feeling so good about the anxiety and now this,have spent the last couple hours upstairs sat worrying,i do have a slight cold ,i dont want to google white blood counts ,i been off dr google for ages now and dont wanna start it all up again,i have to go back in 3 weeks for another blood test

macc noodle
21-01-11, 16:30
Hi cornishmaid

Leave Dr Google alone!!!!

3.8 is nearly 4 ! Have you had it tested before - if so - what was the reading?

It may well be that 3.8 is normal for you without any underlying medical problem. :)

Also, if you have a virus you can get a lower reading than normal which will probably have risen when you get tested if the virus was to blame :D

There are loads of things that can cause low white cell count and they are not all terminal problems so I do not think you need to worry too much on that count. I am sure that the doc would have ordered an immediate re-test if they were concerned - I would say the fact that they are repeating in 3 weeks suggests no worry needed :yesyes:

Take care and try not to worry

Jan

cornishmaid
21-01-11, 16:48
thank you for replying:) i have the full mot as the doc calls it every year,all the blood tests,liver and kidney function,full blood count,cholesterol ,they done bone density too or something lol ,and also i was at hospital last oct for bad headachese and they done full blood count then too and said nothing so i guess it must have ben ok then,and they have not ever said anything on my yearly tests either, i have had a cold for a few days tho ,