PDA

View Full Version : scared of menigitis

Em.ma
21-01-11, 16:40
Hi,
i had a mild cold over xmas time from which i got bad sinus issues ( migraine, painful swollen nose and exteme dizziness) ever since then i have felt nasuseas and now over last 5 days have had feelings/twinges in ears along with a ringing ear for five seconds yesterday.
also i sweat sometimes ( i get out the bath one evening and sweat and then i do the following morning to but then im fine the next evening) also have been getting heavy/sore/achy/blurry eyes. sometimes they feel so heavy i have to close them. Also today ive been getting random pains in my head.

Em.ma
21-01-11, 16:44
also still getting pains in nose and forehead.... im thinking the sinus issue has spread to my brain :(

Em.ma
21-01-11, 16:53
also my complextion skin colour has gone different and i have spots now :( happened over last few days. also getting itchy skin to and rashes :(

gypsywomen
21-01-11, 16:57
perhaps you should have a word with gp ,,, there are so many bugs around that when we get something its so hard to shift , as for sinus you coul;d try head over steam its good for freeing it hope you feel better soon

ElizabethJane
21-01-11, 17:01
Please try not to worry too much. You would be much more ill with a fever and a full body rash that does not go away if you had meningitis. These symptoms can come on very quickly. There are cards that you can pick up in the doctors and chemists that have a check list for the symptoms of meningitis. You would also have a high fever and severe sore neck and be unable to resist bright lights. If you have sinisitus then you can buy decogestant tablets from the pharmacy or try an inhalation under a towel with a bowl of boiling water and olbas oil. It is the steam that will make you feel better. Please be careful with the boiling water though. EJ.

Em.ma
21-01-11, 17:02
thanks. my skin has changed though and my neck is a bit sore (tense muscles i think) and my eyes hurt/achy/sore a lot

ElizabethJane
21-01-11, 17:04
It's not meningitis Emma. I would suggest an appointment with your GP as maybe you have a secondary infection after the flu\cold. EJ

Em.ma
21-01-11, 17:06
Thanks. I went to visit GP and she didnt look into it or anything... she just said it was a virus :( going into surgery next wednesday though. will i be ok to then?

gypsywomen
21-01-11, 17:47
if you get high temp and you are worried just contact gp ,,, again

macc noodle
22-01-11, 02:50
Emma :)

Hope you feeling better in the morning

:yesyes:

Em.ma
22-01-11, 14:44
Hi, thanks.

this morning i woke up and i have a pain on the side of my head, which comes and goes (it really hurts) i also feel nauseas and sometimes i feel things in my ear and get the pain in my nose. I am convinced my sinus issue has spread to my brain.
My GP said it would go within a week but its been 3 weeks now :(

Em.ma
22-01-11, 14:45
i also have stinging eyes

Em.ma
22-01-11, 20:51
still scared of it :(

Em.ma
22-01-11, 21:04
been getting a pain one side of head all day :(. it comes and goes. it gets really bad for two seconds. im scared i have a bacterieal infection after my cold :'(

Em.ma
22-01-11, 21:32
also just had a moment when my eyes blinked like 10 times in a second. and now it feels funny, like something stuck in it and achy

Em.ma
22-01-11, 21:52
also when i get the head pain its on one side of my head only

Em.ma
22-01-11, 22:00
also when out in cold weather i get a runny nose and i just had a bit of a runny nose for two seconds now. have i got another cold or an infection from the previous one. being feeling nauseas for a about a week and a half aswell. when i got a cold last time i had a massive migranine/painful nose and slight runny nose along with extreme dizziness.

Em.ma
22-01-11, 22:27
i also have really itchy skin aswell. i want to go to bed but im scared of not waking up

JaneC
23-01-11, 00:07
Hi Emma, it can be really hard to shake off colds and other viruses at this time and there is a theory that anxiety can affect the immune system, which would make it even harder for people like us. I've suffered from sinus issues and pain for years but the problem has never spread to my brain. My ears are often affected and it's annoying but no more than that. Decongestant tablets can help but it isn't recommended you take them with some meds.

I've a virus over the last couple of weeks and it has also caused my eyes to be very sore but apparently that is not unusual. And going out in the cold does tend to make people's noses run.

Please try to ignore your symptoms and concentrate on other things - it really can make them go away. Take care x

Em.ma
23-01-11, 14:20
thank you. trying not to worry about it BUT i have a huge pain were i got hit on the head with a stone 6 months ago and i can feel the lump, it feels massive now. the pain comes and goes but it can get really bad sometimes. also still getting pain in nose. i have a headache but thats because ive had two really late nights. i also feel nauseas and have a vomit taste in my mouth sometimes and have been burping a lot still :( also feel like im going to faint

Em.ma
23-01-11, 15:53
i took painkillers and its got rid of the headache fromm lack of sleep but i still keep getting the pains in one side of my head :( also when i get it i tend to get a feeling in my nose to... it comes for about 20 seconds than passes then comes back again after about 5 mins.

Em.ma
23-01-11, 16:16
also getting pain at back of head aswell :( it really hurts and im worried.

Em.ma
23-01-11, 16:27
the last thing is i pressed all over my neck and its so painful. so is my back, shoulders etc and i get ear pains/feeling to mostly in the side were my head is hurting and also kept getting itchy skin all over yesterday