PDA

View Full Version : Hi

mrduck
21-01-11, 18:46
Hi everybody this is my first post here so I thought I would say a bit about myself.
I have struggled with anxiety and panic for years, most of the time I have managed to keep it under control but every few years I seem to go through another wave of it, Ive had lots of the strange feelings that go along with it like thumping heart and cant sleep and even feeling like I have pins and needles all over my body.

At the moment I am struggling with it again but this time its got to my eating, been a few weeks now since I have managed to eat a proper meal as every time I got to eat I get the food into my mouth and have a mini panic attack trying to swallow it. sounds strange I know but feels very real to me. Ive lost a lot of weight with it and at the moment am very tired because of it. Ive tried seeing the doctor about it without much luck. Dont really know where to go next with it to be quite honest.
At the moment I am getting by by just eating what I can when I can so just tiny snacks really but its better than nothing. I have spent hours surfing the net looking for ideas on what to do about it but no luck so far.

Im sat here at the moment by myself with the anxiety spreading over me like a wave which isnt very nice, Guess I will just have to try deep breaths or something till it passes.

Cant think what else to write for the moment but would be happy to hear if anybody else has had similar problems and where they have manged to get help

regards

mrduck :ohmy:

nomorepanic
21-01-11, 18:48
Hi mrduck

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
21-01-11, 21:17
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

scorpiosun
22-01-11, 00:53
Hi Mr Duck

I have been viewing this site for about 4 months now, but this is only my second post. I am amazed at how many people have problems so similar to mine when I have felt so isolated and - well - like a weirdo for so many years. I would not wish to say I feel comforted by the fact that I am not alone as I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but it is nice to know there are others who will understand.

Support and understanding are so important.

Take care
Donna
xx

mrduck
22-01-11, 10:49
Hi Donna
thanks for your reply. I know exactly what you mean about it being nice that there are others out there that understand. Id be very intrested to know what you do to cope with it

best wishes
Mark

steve71
22-01-11, 11:20
Hi there.
I just joined today too after a full night of no sleep where I focussed on the numbness and tingling over my head and arms. A similar symptom we share there :) I have to say I use a cbt method where I write it down. During the attack I pick up a pen and paper and write down what i'm feeling. Then tje scary part I write down what I think it is, all the bad stuff tba flies wildly round my head. Then I put on my logical head and read it as though I was listening to my friend tell their symptoms and write down what it logically probably was. Doing this kalms me down, distracts me. Then I compare the two responses again and again and I can sometimes even end up laughing that I got worked up. Worth a go.