PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and want people to talk to!!!!

a-little-room-to-breathe
28-03-06, 19:49
Hi, my name's Katie, and im 14. iv been suffering from anxiety, depression and panic attacks for the past two years, and I really need support from people who understand what it's like. sometimes i feel like life isnt worth living anymore because this is ruining everything good in it: i cant go shopping, i cant go to gigs or concerts, im struggling with people at school- i cant even get on a bus anymore! :( so i need people who can help me!!!
anyone who needs help and can give it, id be happy to hear from you, because my life isnt mine anymore, and i hope that other people here know how that feels.:)

thanks for listening (reading)
katie xxx

wendy
28-03-06, 19:57
Hi Kaite

Welcome to the site! You have defo come to the right place, you will find loads of people here who understand how you are feeling and always someone to talk too!

Have you spoken to you doc about how you feeling?

Wendy xx

Karen
28-03-06, 20:16
Hi Katie

Welcome to the forum. Could you speak to your parents or another adult you trust about how you are feeling? There is help available out there and taking the first step of asking for help can be difficult.

As Wendy suggested, your doctor could also help.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

tammyg
28-03-06, 20:41
Hi Katie,

A big warm welcome. We all understand how you feel so do tell us more when you can and I'm sure you will get lots of support.

Is there anyone at school you could speak to? Sounds like a lot is going on for you at the moment and someone to share these thoughts with would be good. It is soo horrible feeling like you can't do things, I really hope you can get some help.

Take care.

Tammy x

Alexandra
28-03-06, 21:38
Hi Katie

Welcome to the forum you will find lots of help & support on here.

Your not alone in how you feel hunny. Anytime you want to talk as the others say we will do our best to support you.

Take good care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

giddy
28-03-06, 21:55
Hi Katie
Welcome - there are so many people here who can help and support you and be your friend.
Take Care
Helen

May Day
28-03-06, 22:02
Hi Katie

There's lots of good advice on this site if you have time to read and you'll always find someone willing to listen to you and try to help you through your problems

Take care
May

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

lisarose
28-03-06, 22:19
Hi Katie,

You are not alone and will find plenty of help and support here, it helped me so much when I really needed it before and I hope we can all help you through as well. I feel like a newcomer here myslef even though I have been on this site before but I havent visited for 12 months and have to get used to finding my way around again.

Hope to hear more from you and Hope I can help in some way

Lisax

trac67
28-03-06, 23:02
Hi Katie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

dawnym
28-03-06, 23:59
Bless you sweedie, you have found the right place here people are so nice and will do there best to answer any worries you have.
I haven't been here long but when I feel at my worse I write it down.
At first I was scared to read incase people told me to get a grip but no-one ever did.
Take care xx

sal
29-03-06, 02:19
Hi Katie

Pleased you have joined us. Thinking about you hun and will help you all we can.

Big hugs.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

dani
29-03-06, 15:44
Hi Katie

It may help to know that i had to leave school at about 14 because of the same reasons I'm 27 now and just had a really bad time with all the stress I was under I have only just had it confirmed that I suffer from anxiety and spoken to my doctor. I know it's really frightening but it does help to talk to someone you can and will get better. You are really brave to talk about it at all. This site is a godsend to let it out to people who truely understand

Best wishes
Dani

Meg
29-03-06, 15:55
Hello Katie

if you are not getting help already from your doctor then please arrange to visit and ask for some help.

How are your family managing to support you with this

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Ma Larkin
29-03-06, 16:16
Hi Katie, welcome to NMP. Sorry to hear you're suffering at such a young age as well. Its awful when something like this takes over your life, but there is help out there hun so make sure you talk to someone & get some help. Maybe if you explained to your mum she could go to the doctors with you & he could advise you where you go from here.

Good luck sweetie.

Les, xx