PDA

View Full Version : excercise

melvin
21-01-11, 20:49
hi guys .
does anyone go through this i go to the gym to try to keep fit .i keep my eye on the pulse centers so this puts me off when i get to 130 ish so i slow down to a lower fig .or my anxiety kicks in and i have to leave the gym lol. and another thing if i go on weights or rowing machine and the next day i start to get chest pain or arm pain i think my heart is playing up so my anxiety kicks in .

pinkpiglet
22-01-11, 02:25
I dont go through the same as you but i do go to the gym and do exercise classes (only recently started this again). Your first sentence says it all really..... You go to the gym to try to keep fit and thats just what you are doing! Your pulse rate been 130 isnt going to kill you and is normal for during exercise. I'd be concerned if it was any lower really! My mum recently had a tachycardia and her pulse rate was higher than this when she was sat in a chair or laying in bed, for days on end. If you really dont like the thought of your heart rate been 130 bpm or you dont like the feeling it gives then stick to equipment that is less exherting, any exercie is better than none. Also, using the rower can stretch and pull allsorts of muscles therefore you are going to get some twinges.

Happy Exercising and well done for not quitting!! :)