PDA

View Full Version : Front and back pain?

Hears The Water
17-03-04, 17:02
Hi folks, glad to have my computer back now since I have a new pain to deal with. Before I describe the pain, let me say that yesterday I was out and about all day, a big scary thing for me. I took the kids to their homeschool co-op and we had great fun. But it was cold outside and I was all hunched over and tensed up from trying to keep warm. And allways I have to take a day or so to "decompress" after a big scary like that, so it realy doesn't surprise me that I would have a new muscular symptom today. I am pretty sure I know what it is, but it is allways good to get some positive feedback. The symptom is a pain that is under my breastbone between my breasts and is also hurts in the same area on my back. Like if you took a diagram of the human body from the side and drew a line in the middle of the breasts, to the back, it would have two sides of pain. Does that make any sense??? Anyway at first it hurt for a short while and I pulled my hands up over my head and streached like y'all advise us to do and that helped a bit. Now the pain is just comeing and going off and on, it fades in and then fades out. And when it does, it hurts front and back. It is a dull pain, not at all sharp. When I started taking deep breaths to make sure my blood oxygen is ok, it hurt to. I had just got done eating breakfast before the pain hit, so I am thinking that it may all tie in.
Now while I have been sitting here typing this to y'all the pain has moved. It is now under my left breast on the front and under my shoulder blade on my back, again in the same place front and back. Same dull ache, same fading in and out. yuck!!!! In my rational mind I can tell myself that it is just muscles that are tightening up or are tired from being to tense yesterday, but it is still scary. Just having a safe place to vent this is a help. Any input would be very appreceated.
God Bless you and yours
Debbie

kate
17-03-04, 17:09
Hiya Debbie,

I would say that what with the tension yesterday and being all scrunched up against the cold that it is slight muscle strain.

Trouble with us panickers is that every little ache and pain has to be analized and then worried over!

Have you got any muscle relaxing cream such as Deep Heat that you could apply?

Take care and post again if you are still worried

Kate x

nomorepanic
17-03-04, 20:13
Hi Debbie

It could be a pulled muscle like Kate says or it could just be that you are tense.

Have you read this on my site......

One of the most worrying symptoms is chest pains or a tight feeling in your chest. The immediate thought is "heart attack" or "stroke" and this only worries you more. You may also notice that your heartbeat is incredibly fast and again this leads to the worry that you will have a heart attack. There is no evidence that Panic and anxiety has any adverse effect on the heart and the pains are easily explained. When you start panicking the whole of you body becomes tense and your muscles tense up also. This is also true of the heart as after all it is just another (albeit very important) muscle.

The chest pains are due to the constricting of the heart muscles and apparently the best cure is to start exercising and stretching these muscles to relieve the pain. Although you may not feel like doing any exercise whilst getting these pains, try stretching your arms above and behind your head and bending over gently to relieve the pain. If you are worried that it may be a heart problem, then make an appointment to see your G.P. who will be able to rule out any heart problems.

If your G.P. has given you the all clear then do not be alarmed if the chest pains come back and last for more than a day and you think it is related to panic, although it is painful and worrying, the pains will go away if you try gentle exercise and not think about them.

Nicola

Hears The Water
18-03-04, 14:32
Thank you both for your response to my questions. Yes, Nic I had read that info you have so graciously put up at the opening of this site. It turns out that my hiatial hernia was up and it was causing the pressure. Also, when it is up, I don't breathe properly and that causes my back to hurt. So I discovered this yesterday after a process of elemination. I had been doing a lot of bending over to pick up after my brood and being tense and anxious makes the hernia pop up. Duh, I should have checked that first thing. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks again y'all.
God bless you and yours
Debbie