PDA

View Full Version : I.B.S

ashero38
21-01-11, 23:41
Hello can anyone tell me what ibs is like been to the doctors yesterday and today and two different doctors have said the pain im having is IBS i was just worried it was appendicitis im having trouble going to number 2 and when i hav been i feel i need to go nearly straight away and im getting pains/cramps moving about just above my groin and round my back just a little bit worried

nomorepanic
21-01-11, 23:53
Hi

Read the website page on the left and we have a whole sub-forum dedicated to this to you could read there too.

It will help

uk23
22-01-11, 06:12
IBS can cause cramps pretty much anywhere. Mine started suddenly one day and from then I was mostly constipated.

Some of the common areas:

Left under ribs - on the way out, can be stored up a bit there if constipated
Lower left - on the way out, can be stored up a bit there if constipated
Anywhere around belly button - not really sure, maybe presses on nerves there?
Right under ribs - on the way out, can be stored up a bit there if constipated
Lower right (I read up on this one, its where the small intestines meets the large one, sometimes that can cause cramping). + according to netdoctor (http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/irritablecolon.htm) - Right-sided abdominal pain, either low or tucked up under the right ribs. Does not always get better after passing a stool.

Horse
22-01-11, 10:45
Just wanted to endorse what UK23 has stated.

Particularly right side discomfort and in my case is worse after going to the loo. Probably due to Colon going into spasm afterwards. Medication useless!

Greenman50
22-01-11, 19:00
just replied on your other post but i,ll stick it here aswell:yesyes:

http://www.ibs-care.org/what_causes_ibs.html

Horse
22-01-11, 20:45
Mel,
Not sure if that was meant for me but I have seen it and replied on other post.
Thanks.

Ashero.
Mels link is very useful.

Greenman50
22-01-11, 20:53
Hi mate

Posted it for the op , but for anyone it might help also :D