PDA

View Full Version : Not visited this site for 12 months

lisarose
28-03-06, 22:07
Hi everyone, I have not visited this site for 12 months and have completely forgotten how it works!! I have had no internet access due to financial circumstances and have really missed coming on this site but now I'm back online and can't wait to be a part of this brilliant website again which helped me so much when I really needed it. I don't know if any of you will remember me so I will tell you a bit about what has happened to me in the last 5 and a half years. I started with panic attacks when my son was 4 months old and then I was diagnosed with severe post natal depression and anxiety which took me roughly 3 years or maybe more to get over but I still suffered with the panic attacks. In August 2004 I eventually was prescribed venlafaxine antidepressants which enabled me to get my life back on track. I found this website in oct/nov 2004 and I finally found people I could relate to who understood what I had been through. My partner Jon was made redundant in April 2005 and was unemployed until the middle of November 2005 which was a huge strain on our relationship. To add to the strain I found out I was pregnant in August 2005 which was a huge shock as I had the coil fitted and it was the last thing I expected to happen. I was terrified at first because of the severe post natal depression I suffered after my son was born and didn't think I could cope with it again. After careful consideration I decided to go ahead with the pregnancy and I am due to give birth on 22nd April only 3 and a half weeks away!!! The pregnancy has gone quite smoothly up to now but I am terrified of giving birth and my anxiety levels are through the roof at the moment and I am worried that I will suffer post natal depression again so I am glad I am able to access this website again as I will need all the support I can get!! Anyway sorry its such a long post I look forward to meeting new people as well as catching up with old and I hope I can help others like so many have helped me (once I have got the hang of using this site again!!!)

Paddington
28-03-06, 22:13
hi lisarose,bet it's good to be back aye?Hey you have come back at the right ime what with your baby due soon[gone all clucky!!]we will all be here to support you thru it.Do try not to fret too much,one day at a time aye.Dont anticipate the worst,and maybe the best will happen!love mary-rose.xxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

clickaway
28-03-06, 22:26
Welcome back, LisaRose

I joined the site in February 2005 and think I remember you!

I'm glad that you are back with us and that your partner now has a job again. I'm hoping that everything is straightforward for you in the coming weeks.

Hang on in there!

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

lisarose
28-03-06, 22:27
Hi Mary-rose, Thanks for the reply, it is good to be back!! Unfortunately I always anticipate the worst and its a habbit I can't get out of, I am a real pessimist. Luckily my partner is a real optimist and he always tells me that things will never be as bad as I think they will (then again he's not the one who has to give birth!!!!)
Love Lisaxx

lisarose
28-03-06, 22:30
Hi Ray, I remember you too. Look forward to catching up.
Love Lisa

Alexandra
28-03-06, 22:33
Hi Lisarose

Welcome back

I joined a few months back nice to meet you.

As Mary says we will support you as best we can.

Glad to hear your partner is sorted out with a job.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

delta
28-03-06, 23:30
Hi Lisa, Welcome back, I wondered what had happened to you! I joined this site just after you, I'm glad to read you are ok, sorry to hear about your financial situation, you have definitely come to the right place for support. :D
Donna

Kavinius
29-03-06, 00:36
Hi Lisa Rose,

I have never had children myself and therefore have never had post natal depression. Howver, I read Marie Osmonds autobiograhy lately (please don't tell anyone !!!!) about her battle with post natal depression and it was a truely inspirational read. I hope that if you manage to get hold of a copy it will help to see how it can be overcome.

Sally xxxxx

tnt808
29-03-06, 01:07
Hi Lisa,

Congrats..and Good Luck!!!

I am 16wks pregnant and haven't been preggo in over 12yrs..and I am in a tizzy just thinking about me giving birth! I am terrified...and with all those shows on t.v. about women with difficult births it drives me crazy and yet I still watch them. I am so scared too.

I am sure things will go smoothly for you..and you will be in my thoughts. Please keep in touch to let us know how things went and are going for you.

Good Luck,
Tina

sal
29-03-06, 02:18
Hi Lisa

Great to hear from you hun, and so pleased with how you feel.

Keep in touch.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

lisarose
29-03-06, 10:12
Thanks for all your replys they are much appreciated and it is nice to be back. Hi to Donna, Hope you are o.k we will have to catch up. send me a PM or email anytime. Congratulations to Tina I am glad I am not the only one terrrified of giving birth. It is only 5 and a half years since I last gave birth but I have forgotten what it was like and feel like it is the first time even though it will be my third. Hi to Sal, sally and alex also.

Love Lisaxx

Meg
29-03-06, 16:44
Hiya

Welcome back

Hope all goes well for you.

We're not going anywhere so just let us know when you need some help

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress