PDA

View Full Version : Momentary PAs???

LC05
28-03-06, 22:43
Does anyone know if it is possible to get PAs that last for just a few seconds? I sometimes, for no apparant reason, get a sudden feeling my heart has stopped and feel really dizzy. I find myself holding onto the table or whatever is nearby, because i feel as if i'm going to pass out. Then, a few seconds later i feel fine. I also wake up suddenly during sleep feeling as if my heart has stopped.

I've had loads of tests done on my heart, and been told its fine. Could this be some sort of panic attack/disorder?

feege
29-03-06, 00:27
Hi LC

Yes, I think this is very common indeed and I certainly have had it. I'm always just so relieved it stops!!!

Hope you are ok!

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

mirry
29-03-06, 07:30
Hi yes it is common in panic anxiety sufferers.
Its usually all down to the way we are breathing, this is certainly the causes of mine........when it happens try to think "how was i breathing before it happened"?
I found i was holding my breath without knowing it or i was doing rapid shallow breathing from my chest.

We need to do slow deeper breathing into our stomach, this seems to sort out the dizzyness and as long as it doesnt scare you i wouldnt worry about it. I used to be terrified about the dizzyness but after 4 years dont get in such a state about it now and just think it will pass (because it always does).

Hope you feel better soon

mirryx

JonParr
29-03-06, 11:04
Hey LC

Yes, very common.

Normally happens to me when i've been in a wound up state, and can be just driving along quite happily and then think about something that I have to get done when I get back to my desk - bang.

As mirry said, if you concentrate on breathing slowly if it does happen, then it will stop it as fast as it came on.

I have found though, by concentrating on breathing properly, especially when I feel tense, the actual PA feelings happen less...

Cheers

Jon.

Jon

* Stop the world - I wanna get off *

Meg
29-03-06, 17:40
Sounds like you may be having an odd ectopic beat followed by an adrenaline rush cos you're scared . Very common and no problem if you have been checked over.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress