PDA

View Full Version : period and nausea

colleen224
22-01-11, 20:17
hi everyone, hopefully this doesn't seem like a dumb question, given the health anxiety that we deal with. for the past two months, the day before or the day that my period starts, i have gotten a bad headache and, more concerning to me, severe nausea, where i cannot eat anything, am puking out bile (that yellow stuff) and hear liquid sloshing around in my stomach. has anyone else experienced any or all of these symptoms? just curious. i might see my doctor about it because i read that this could be due to a thyroid problem and i was on medication for hypothyroidism but discontinued it almost a year ago. thanks for your time.

harasgenster
22-01-11, 20:19
Hormones can do all sorts. Any reason your hormones could be changing, like are you at an age where you could be perimenopausal or anything?

Other than that, PMS can worsen anxiety and you could be suffering from your usual symptoms but more extremely?

colleen224
22-01-11, 20:34
thanks for the reply. i am 38 and so i guess perimenopause is a possibility. like all health-anxiety sufferers, i do not react well to illness of any kind. my mind automatically assumes the worst and that probably makes the physical symptoms worse.

wiskersonkittens
23-01-11, 02:49
I don't throw up, but I get a twinge of nausea and even light headedness prior to my period. My panic attacks and even palpitations get so bad, too, like now, that something I used to dread coming, I keep wishing would hurry up and get here so I will feel better! I am 38, too.
Hope you get to feeling better! Hugs, Jen :)