PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

sammie
22-01-11, 19:32
just thought i would pop back and say hello - probably nobody remembers me as there are so many new people on here now

just wanted to say you can recover from this . this site helped me sooo much back in 2007 when in the grip of severe anxiety to the point i had the crisis team involved ( they were useless lol)

i am now fully recovered no anxiety or depression. i finished my degree then did a post graduate and i am hoping to do a masters in the future. i have a job i love (CBT therapist) i work with people with anxiety and depression so i know what thats all about lol :yesyes:

i love my life now compared to back in 2007 when i was on the brink of god knows what. i also know how hard it is for family members mine went through hell with me :weep:

BUT i am now much stronger and wiser and have so much more confidence so if anything going through what i did made me stronger ( didnt feel like it at the time)

i had some great support especially from nikki who was on the site at the time :bighug1:

so just to say keep going its worth it in the end and if i can get there anyone can

samantha

eis658
22-01-11, 20:21
Hi,

I'm new to the site. I must say I was a little freaked out when I saw that people had had severe anxiety for years and years. I've had mild anxiety for around 7 years but it got really bad about 4 months ago. I was starting to think that I was in for years of it until I read this. Thank you so much for posting! It has cheered me up and I'm going to continue to try and get over it!:)

Ellie

sammie
23-01-11, 10:30
hi ellie

mine came on suddenly and it took me 12 months to recover so no your not going to have this for years if you put work into getting over it you will get there

samantha

PokerFace
23-01-11, 21:39
That really is lovely to hear, I'll be coming up to a year in March and this post has really given me hope that if I carry on the way I'm going I can beat it! Thank you xx