PDA

View Full Version : MIGRAINES

missykat
22-01-11, 19:55
anybody know what mainly triggers migraines? have had two migraines in the past two weeks or so never get them this often. i hate them. just dont know what sets mine off

Frozen in fear
22-01-11, 20:03
anybody know what mainly triggers migraines? have had two migraines in the past two weeks or so never get them this often. i hate them. just dont know what sets mine off foods and anxiety wright down what you eat daily sometimes bright light can trigger it

janweemo
22-01-11, 20:04
Been having migraines since I was 6 - quite often triggered by fluorescent lighting - in some shops and offices and sometimes triggered by coffee! Also getting more frequent migraines - aura especially due to menopause - bleugh!

Frozen in fear
22-01-11, 20:08
Been having migraines since I was 6 - quite often triggered by flourescent lighting - in some shops and offices and sometimes triggered by coffee!
Had to change lighting in kitchen because it was flourescent lighting

Anxious_gal
22-01-11, 20:13
food, hormones, lack of sleep, stress, um those lights that supermarkets use can sometimes trigger an attack.
sometimes they can just happen for no obvious reason :mad:
i do hear eating saltly things can help ad drinking water.

missykat
22-01-11, 20:20
was in the car today the sun was so bright so maybe that was it! just came on such a horrible aura i hate the bloody things!!! defo been really anxious lately and cud do with getting more sleep! im also thinking it cud be curry doin it aswel :ohmy:

janweemo
22-01-11, 20:26
sometimes the sun reflecting off chrome on a car - just a flash can trigger them sweetheart...

missykat
22-01-11, 20:31
it makes me sick wen i have them so dizzy aswel! even the mere thought of having one makes me wanna vomit

Greenman50
22-01-11, 21:03
Sleep can cause a headache .

I had a 2mg of valium last night ,four beers and two glass,s of wine . I was fine when i went to bed , infact i felt great:yesyes: but when i woke up i had a stonkin headache .

I can only presume it was the sleep

missykat
22-01-11, 21:16
haha glad someone felt great :D i was too busy googling lol!!! and forcing myself not to randomly do body checks :lac: wen i woke up i checked instantly, dont know why i did tho becuz it only just makes ya worse off :mad: so me tonight im having a beer yee haw

Greenman50
22-01-11, 21:35
i,m on beer number two:D, i only bought four so i,m not tempted to drink more :yesyes: .

I always feel my best in the evenings , worse in morning and pick up slowly as the day goes on .

missykat
22-01-11, 21:38
i feel my worst in the morning! seem to calm down during the day but it hits me again as it gets darker. im only ever happy and safe wen im asleep lol or busy. been idle does not help or does having access to the internet help either :wacko:

Greenman50
22-01-11, 22:11
must admit i,ve been sleeping in day , just to switch off :blush: I need to get back to work on monday , i,m going to organise 4.5 hours work and just do it . these last 3.5 months can,t turn into another 3.5 months or i will have no buissness left , then i,m in real trouble .

Easier said than done :ohmy:

Catalyst
23-01-11, 13:51
The last 3 I've had have all followed exercise (netball matches), so I wonder if its exertion, dehydration or lack of sugar for me. :shrug:

missykat
23-01-11, 16:18
cud be. my sister says hers all start wen shes on a diet or excersising!

Catalyst
23-01-11, 18:31
Actually that's a good point! I don't get them every time I play netball matches & I do often have fad diets (very low fat intake - so no dairy or fatty meat). Its quite possible that the diet combined with the exercise is the trigger!

julieannboo
24-01-11, 17:16
these vitamins from america have helped the dizziness and migraines by about 80% over the past 6 months. i get them shipped to the uk from america. expensive but worth every penny:

http://www.migrelief.com/