PDA

View Full Version : A mild but constant ache around teeth

jimsie
22-01-11, 22:08
At the moment i am extremely worried about an ache i can feel around my top teeth. It is quite mild at the moment but I am very scared that its going to get much worse over the next few hours. This is a bad time because it is Saturday night and will not be able to get it sorted any time soon. The dentist wont be open until Monday.

Having said that I am also wondering if the ache can be a figment of my imagination? I have always been worried about my teeth because I have quite a few problems with them. I have had times before when ive been completely convinced that i have am in pain and have an infection but its turned out to be nothing at all. Can anxiety do that? I have taken pain killers but they don't seem to be doing anything. It's also very hard to pin point where the pain is coming from. I have an impacted canine around the area and wisdom teeth coming through apparently. I don't know if that could be the cause of it.

If it becomes extremely painful, what can i do about it at this time of night? I am in the uk.

lucyloulucylou
22-01-11, 22:47
are u stressed or have an anxiety disorder? i found that my teeth were very achy when i woke up then realised one night as i was about to drift off to sleep that i was clenching my teeth down hard but had never really noticed it before, the doctor said this is a common thing with people who are stressed

lorraine
23-01-11, 19:58
hi

i get this in my bottom teeth. I would discribe it as a dull throbbing sort of ache that it pretty much constant. I have had this a few times and it passes in a few days. I think it is when we get stressed we clench out teeth without even realising even in out sleep.

i hope this helps.

lorraine

JulieJay92
23-01-11, 23:45
i get this all the time mostly in upper left and bottom right and my husband says i do grind my teeth in my sleep for the last 3 months since my anxiety has worsened

hth